Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Multi-Indicator Button

Default Multi-Indicator Button

Hi, I'm trying to make a button that has 4 images that is selected from the PLC and a bool written to the PLC to tell it if the button is pressed or not. I know that a normal button can't do this, so I am playing around with the "Combined element". I can make the images change depending on a value, but I can't figure out how to send the pressed state to the PLC. The variable in the "variable/function" box is used to select the states. I see that there is a "Write Set value" section, but I don't see where I can enter a second variable. Do I need to put a button behind the combined element?

Thanks,
    Denis.

Default Re: Multi-Indicator Button

Hi Denis,

You can use the variable you want to write at the combined element. Then at the definition of the states, you can add an additional variable at the "formula" section.

Then use only the additional variable in the formula, for defining which graphic is displayed.

e.g. (X02.Value = 1)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot333.png
Views:	21
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	1158

Best regards,
    Mark

Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried this and I use a number element to change the value of the second variable (mInt), but the states of the combined element never change. The variable I am using right now is an internal variable. Would this matter?

Denis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CombinedElement.png  

Ok, I found the problem. I had a non-zero value in the value box for each state. This value is associated with the first variable in the "formula variables" box. It works now.

Denis.