Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Multiple monitors

Default Re: Multiple monitors

Hello nedic,

you can find the zenon6.ini when you type %cd_system% in your file explorer address bar which directs you to the path C:\ProgramData\COPA-DATA\System

different monitor resolution is possible but a little bit tricky, how to realize it then:

enter the monitor which you have in windows as first monitor in the zenon6.ini as primary monitor
    calculate the full monitor resolution off all monitors and enter it as well in the zenon6.ini for example if you have a monitor(1920x1080) and a monitor (2731x1535) near to each other the full resolution which you enter is 4651x2615
    and in zenon you can configure the frames like you want, the empty space should not be visible

Tobias Ritschel

Frage Re: Multiple monitors

We have now 4 monitors to connect to this system and the problem is that it is not possible to have a 2x2 formation which we would need… When I use 1x4 (all four in a horizontal line) or 4x1 (all four in vertical line) it is working fine. But we would need the 2x2 configuration. I have spent already long time now to find a possibility but I think there must be some bug. I have 4 times the same monitor (1920 x 1080) and so the correct setting in the zenon6.ini would be
    RT_CXMAINFRAME=3839
    RT_CYMAINFRAME= 2159
    but it isn´t working….
    Interesting is that when I reduce RT_CYMAINFRAME to below 1080 then the first two screens are working but when I go one Pixel above 1080 I have again only one screen.
    Can anybody help me or is the problem already known?
    It is a Windows 10 OS with a NVidia Quadro P1000 Graphic Card

Hello reneroemer

I created a smal project and made some screenshots to show that there is no defect and how i configured it.

Attached Files Attached Files

Tobias Ritschel

Hello reneroemer,

Make sure that the top left monitor is set to be the Main-Monitor of Windows.
    And set the Taskbar to Auto-Hide.

Hope this helps.

Hello ritschel93,
    I have just checked it once more and I have same Settings as you. I am wondering why your Windows Screens config is different to your Runtime Screenshot? The left top is number 1 in Zenon and number two in Windows config. There is also one interesting Thing I just realized when making the Screen shots: The Screenshot is not the same as the real Picture from the Screen.
    Anyhow I really have now ideas any more what to do...
    I could not open your Project because I get a failure of some missing component… by the way the HMI in not a supervisor it is a operator version if that makes any differences?
    Attached Files Attached Files

.... it was left top as main Screen before.. i have still the same Problem... as soon as a Change the heigth in the zenon6.ini to more than 1080 i have only one Screen recognized any more...
    maybe there is somehting bad with the Zenon/Nvidia Driver Connection?

Hi,
    i have now tried it with a few different multimonitor Projects but it is
    everywhere the same Problem. If i am right it should be that way that it independent
    from the project settings when I change the Zenon6.ini it should a least start
    with 4 empty monitors if there is nothing on the screens.

SCREENPROFILE=Standard

RT_CXMAINFRAME=3839

RT_CYMAINFRAME=2159

At least the status line is visible…

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4Screeens.JPG  

what i can see from your screenshots ist that your monitor resolution is not set to 1080 see screenshot.
    what i also think could be the problem that you maybee didn't set to top left monitor in your windows settings to main.
    regarding the restore problem of my project it could be that you are using an older zenon version like i do maybe you could tell me what version you are using.
    licensing problem i doubt it normaly multimonitor should be included in operator license, but what you have to consider is that you only can have one project in your workspace.
    If the issue is urgent i would also recomend to contact your local support
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 21-06-_2018_08-59-54.png  

Tobias Ritschel