Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: zenon logic doesn't communicate with external variables in zenon

Default zenon logic doesn't communicate with external variables in zenon

when I create some internal variables in zenon and activate them as externally visible, they are accessible in zenon logic. also the change of values affect both the zenon and zenon logic. but if I use external variables ,e.g from 60870-104 driver, and tick the externally visible option, they also are reachable in zenon logic, but changing the value from 104 device is not visible in zenon logic while I can see them in zenon!

what could make this difference?

Default Re: zenon logic doesn't communicate with external variables in zenon

Hi Mashjj,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum

Straight away, I don't have an idea why the value exchange between the zenon runtime and the zenon logic runtime, through "externally visible" and straton to zenon runtime fieldbus driver, works with internal driver variables and does not work with variables from 870 104 driver.

When you set the IEC870 driver to "simulation static" and manually change a value e.g. in the zenon logic / zenon runtime, does it work then?

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi Mashjj,

Maybe you've just forgotten to insert the 'straton to zenon Runtime connection' driver in zenon Logic project? Just to set variables in zenon to 'externally visible' is not enough. When you forgot the driver you can see variables in the Logic's Workbench but in the Runtime the date exchange is not working properly.
    Internal variables are already placed in the (shared) memory so no wonder that even without driver something seems to work .

Or your iec870 variables have names with spaces or other chars not supported in IEC61131 Standard the Logic bases on. Then use in Logic code the variable names in {}, e.g. in ST-language:
    if {[p77] T03 2.300} = 3 (*indeterminate state*) then

Hi-jacking the thread .

I have the same problem, however I can not find the "straton to zenon Runtime connection" in Zenon Logic. Have I picked the right one? See attached picture. (Logic to Scada connection).

Best,
    Jonas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails StratonToZenon.png  

Hi Jonas,

Since this thread is quite old, it is rather reviving than hi-jacking

This fieldbus driver used to be called straton to zenon runtime connection. The driver that you have picked, logic to SCADA connection, would be the correct one.

What exactly is not working? Do you see the tags that are set "externally visible" in zenon, in the zenon logic workbench?

Best regards,
    Mark

Thank you and to be honest I didn´t recognize that it was so old .

Anyways, Picture Glovar shows how I have defined my variable in Straton.

Picture Glovar2 is showing how I have a button to set the value, but when I try to display it it is no connection...

Best,
    Jonas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails glovar.png   glovar2.png  

When you set by zenon variable the property 'external visible' then there is nothing more to configure in Logic - and in Logic Workbench this variable has a red icon to inform that the properties cannot be edited there (they can be edited only in zenon).

Do not make external visible your stratonNG variable 'BBbox/Global/GloVar'. The stratonNG variable is already communicated between zenon and Logic by stratonNG driver. It is contra productive to do the same job by two drives.

The property 'external visible' make sense only for zenon process variables - from some process driver (e.g. S7TCP, MODBUS, IEC850 etc.) or eventually for already existing INTERN variables when you do not want to use for these variable the stratonNG driver instead.

About screenshots: both drivers - stratonNG and 'logic to scada' are using the same profile in Workbench, so your screenshot does not give enough info. And screenshot from Runtime shows only that you have communication problem. Please show your variable configuration in zenon Editor and in the variable list in Logic.