Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Improving communications speed high number on tags on CE Runtime

mattsd Gast

Default Improving communications speed high number on tags on CE Runtime

We have got 1150 variables (8000 I/O point) configured on our project running on Zenon CE runtime.

The problem we are finding is with the driver communications speed. The Zenon CE runtime and Beckhoff Twincat runtime are both on the same hardware - 1Ghz Pentium Beckhoff CX1020 hardware, with this amount of tags, even when all set to Normal (1000ms priority) the tags update every few seconds and hence if if I select a few variables as fast or fastest with higher priority time, they don't update any faster.

Does Zenon provide a newer driver or any solution to get more efficient communications with this amount of tags on a CE runtime - hence a quicker speed or any tweak to improve communications performance?

The driver I am using is Beckhoff Twincat NG Driver (no version number displayed on Zenon) but if I navigate to the driver in the copa-data program file and look at the properties, it is version 6.20.4.1500

Thankyou

Matt

Default Re: Improving communications speed high number on tags on CE Runtime

The Beckhoff TwinCat driver in general is actually very fast. Does this also happen, if the program in the PLC is set to "STOP"? Maybe the PLC program is executed with a slow cycle and therefore the communication is slow?

I can offer to take a look at it, if you send a zenOn project backup, a backup of the TwinCAT project and any additional libraries which might be needed in TwinCAT to:

support@copadata.at