Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Alarm Dynamic Limit

Default Alarm Dynamic Limit

Hello...

If I like to use the dynamic limits for Numerical value, there is one option available like "Dynamic limit active" with one internal variable. But for example, if I have 1000 numerical value and each variable is having 4 limits then, I need to create 4000 (1000*4) internal variables. This is very lengthy procedure.

Please let me know, Is it any other option available for this Dynamic limit...?

Regards,
    Navaneet.

Default AW: Alarm Dynamic Limit

Hi,

are these dynamic limits all independent from each other?
    Because if not you could use the same "dynamic limit" variable for different variables.

If you really need 4000 variables, you could use VBA/VSTA to create and link multiple variables in a short time (e.g in a loop, there are VBA samples in the manual).

Regards,
    Bernhard

Default Re: Alarm Dynamic Limit

Hi,

Some other suggestions that may be helpful:

regarding creating variables with VBA / VSTA: take a look at the variable creation wizard. This will help you quickly create a large number of variables.

Alternatively, you could also create an Array of internal variables with 4000 entries. Or you could create a user defined structure datatype, with an Array of 4 items, and create an Array of 1000 items based on this user defined structure type.

In regard to your numerical variables, you can create a user defined numerical datatype, that already has 4 dynamic Limits predefined. Then base your numerical values with the dynamic Limit, on this type.

What you could also do is look at the .csv Export / .csv Import, and e.g. edit your variables / Limits in Microsoft Excel, if you are more familiar with that than e.g. VBA or VSTA

Best regards,
    Mark

Default Re: Alarm Dynamic Limit

Yes. Variables are having different limits.
    I know Array of variable, importing and exporting of variable in .csv etc. I like to know, Is it possible to change the limits by using one pop-up with only four internal variables...?

Thank you for your information.

Default AW: Re: Alarm Dynamic Limit

Quote Originally Posted by navaneet View Post
    I like to know, Is it possible to change the limits by using one pop-up with only four internal variables...?
    Could you be a little more specific on that, e.g. with a practical example?
    Are the limits still dynamic? - How should it work with only 4 internal variables for the dynamic if each limit is different for the 4000 variables?

Default Re: AW: Re: Alarm Dynamic Limit

When we click on the numerical value, it will open the pop-up window.
    There is an option available to write the values (write set values by element) to our internal variables for limits, After writing those values click the "accept" button. It will execute some scripts and write the values to exact variable limits on the actual clicked variable.
    Is it possible like that...?
    Otherwise there is no problem to create the internal tags for limits, it is the straight method and simple also.
    Thank you for your great help.