Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Subproject StandBy server synchronization

Default Subproject StandBy server synchronization

Hello!

I have an integration project with multiple subprojects. I want to establish multiple standby servers, for each subproject separate standby server.

I have installed the first standby server and started the run time. I get the message : Please wait.. File alignment in progress. The message does not go off - it remains constanty present on the standby server.

On the standby I use the same integration project as on the main server - only that I have removed all other subprojects, except the one the standby runs.

What could be the reason of this behaviour?

Thanks and best regards!

Jurij.

Default Re: Subproject StandBy server synchronization

Hi Juri,

Have you tried running only the sub project on the standby server?

Are you using different standalone integration projects, one for the server and one for each standby server, or you are editing the Integration project manually? If not, then it is very likely that the integration project on the standby server still tries to load the other sub projects.

Pleas also try and use the topology view in the editor to build your network configuration using the PCs and setting the start projects accordingly. This way the project network configuration will automatically be validated.

Best regards,
    mark

Hi Mark,

I did the following:
    -at server created workspace backup
    - at stanby - restored the backup
    - at standby - remooved all other subprojects from workspace except for the one standby runs
    - on both - set the zenon network toppology so that standby server is only standby for it's subproject and client for the integration project.

In the mean time the message disapeared by itself. I did some project editing and reloading at the server. The integration project at the standby server refreshes automaticaliy.
    Maybe reloding helped.
    Is the process I am using to create standby subprojects correct?
    In integration project I have one general screen which I would like to see at the standby servers, that is why I run the integration proj. at standby aswell.

Thanks and best regards!

Jurij.

Hi Jurij,

Quote Originally Posted by jurijcadez View Post
    - on both - set the zenon network toppology so that standby server is only standby for it's subproject and client for the integration project.

In the mean time the message disapeared by itself. I did some project editing and reloading at the server. The integration project at the standby server refreshes automaticaliy.
    When the integration project is a client on the PC with the sub project as the standby server, it will automatically get the version of the integration project running on the server. (where all the sub-projects still exist)

After the reload of the integration project is complete, the PC with the sub project as the standby server will also try to connect to the servers of the other sub projects as a client, which could also cause the "file synchronisation" message to be displayed until all sub projects are synchronized.

So please consider carefully what project structure you need, and if it is necessary to run the integration project on the PCs with the sub project

Best regards,
    Mark

Hello Mark,

You are right regarding synchronization message.

I rearanged the integration project - and avcuated the general screen to a separate subproject. I need to show this general screen on all individual subproject standby servers. This local PC's should therefore be clients for the general screen subproject and standby servers for there own subproject. I do not know how to do this in topology.
    The local subproject standby must have it's own integration project with 2 subprojects: one for the standby subproject and one for the client project of general screen.

The topology does not allow me to build something like that. How can I do this???

BR,

Jurij.

Hi Jurij,

There may be other options for what you are generally trying to achieve, however I don't know the details of e.g. what you exactly need from the second sub project "general".

In order to start multiple projects, (e.g. two sub projects) you need an integration project.

When you have different PCs where different projects are running a sub projects, you need a specific, standalone, integration project for each PC.

As this is not possible in one workspace, you can create multiple workspaces in the editor.

In each workspace, there is the PC specific integration project, with the sub project for the standby server, and the sub project for the general project.

In the the differen workspaces you load the PC specific integration project, which automatically loads the corresponding sub projects.

It may sound a bit complex, but when you engineer your standalone pc specific integration projects in a way that it does not require changes / maintenance, this is a one-off task.

For making changes to the projects, you load the workspace for the server PC, in which all the sub projects are below the PC specific integration project, including the general project. You can make your changes to the sub projects here and transport them to the server. After a reload, the changes to the sub projects are automatically transported to the standby server / clients.

Best regards,
    Mark