Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Alarm times

Default Alarm times

Hello,

I want to show the latest alarm times of two variables in one screen (in two diferent places in the screen). I attached how it must look. How can I do that without using an alarm message list?

Dario
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen.jpg  
    Last edited by dario : 17th May 2013 at 12:59

Default Re: Alarm times

Hi Dario,

Currently this is not a standard feature unfortunately. The thing is, you can have multiple alarm conditions for each variable, even for boolean variables it is possible to have more than two alarm conditions, e.g. when using the variable status Information in a reaction Matrix.

When you have multiple alarms per variable, then what does the time of last Alarm signify?

What you can think of is to use a small VSTA macro or VBA macro in zenon, that generates an event each time an Alarm is generated. In the Event handler, check what variable is causing the Alarm, and optionally what alarm is activated, and check if you need to record this time. For the display in the Screen you could use e.g. a string variable of the intern Driver, or also a numerical variable in combination with the clock element.

In the Event handler you would write the value to the string variable or numerical variable accordingly.

I hope this gives you an idea of how this can be done

Best regards,
    Mark

Default Re: Alarm times

Thank you, Mark, for your reply. You see, I am kind of new in VBA. Maybe you have an example code? Or maybe you can help me to write some lines, like you said it must be a small VBA macro.