Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How to debug driver simulation projects?

Default How to debug driver simulation projects?

Hello, colleagues!

In my test project there is some zenon Logic project (let it be named NG_PROJECT) connected to zenon with STRATONNG driver. In hadware mode of STRATONNG driver everithing works well commands from commands variables goes through zenon logic and set response variables into correct state.
    Also I did simulation project for STRATONNG driver, and fully repeat all zenon Logic code from NG_PROJECT into it. My simulation STRATONNG_SPREC project builds without any error. And if I put it into zenon logic Project Simulate mode everything works well also (when I force command variables values in zenon logic, response variables acting correctly).
    After move driver into simulation mode I have no response after sending commands into commands variables.
    If it was zenon Logic project connected to SCADA using STRATONNG driver I have an ability to debug it using On Line mode.
    In case of simulation project I cannot put On Line mode on.

Is it impossible at all for simulation project to put in into On Line mode or I did something wrong?
    Is there alternative way to debug simulation projects?

Default Re: How to debug driver simulation projects?

Hi,

You should be able to go online from the workbench to the logic runtime in the driver that is running in "simulation programmed".

Is the runtime running on the same PC as the Editor with the workbench for the Simulation Project? If not, you can set the communication Parameters and the remote host Name in the workbench for the Simulation Project itself, before going online.

When you do enter a host Name for the remote runtime PC in the workbench for the Simulation Project, a current Limitation is that you will have to do that again after you have closed and reopened the workbench for the Simulation Project.

Best regards,
    Mark