Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Remote transport

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Remote transport

Hi,
    I try to transfer for the first time my Zenon project from development PC to another PC which has only runtime installed, but I do not have icon "transfer all runtime files". I only have "transfer changed runtime files" icon. Now some symbols are missing in runtime on that PC. On development PC I can see every symbol in runtime.

???
    Help.

Regards.

Default Re: Remote transport

Hi Tihomir,

The button "Transfer changed runtime files" will actually transfer all runtime files that are older or do not yet exist, on the remote System.

There are several reasons why you may not see some symbols on the remote system.

The most obvious reason is that these are symbols that are stored in a user defined global symbol library, that was created on the PC with the editor, but does not exist on the remote system. -> when using the global Symbol library, make sure you transfer the ".SYM file from the Engineering PC to the runtime PCs

There is a communication issue to the PLC from the remote system and therefore some elements may not be shown -> check the PLC communication

Variables are linked for visibility, and cause elements to be invisible (e.g. local internal variables with remanence that have a different value on the engineering PC) -> check the visibility variables

ActiveX Controls are used in symbols, that do not exist on the remote system or are not registered on the remote system. -> make sure the activex controls are available and registered on the remote system,and all required System files for the activex controls also exist

These are just some more obvious reasons. When you provide some more details, we may be able to help more specifically

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi Mark,
    thank you for quick reply.

I have checked every point of your suggestion and nothing.
    Then, I figured out that I have Editor with unlimited tags and Runtime on other PC with 1024 tags that can be used.
    Tomorrow I will filter unnecesary tags and try again. Probably that will solve the problem.

Another problem appears...
    I can not install Zenon on touch panel with WinCE.
    After configuring connection in Editor, I tried to establish connection to WinCE panel, but without success.

Probably syssrvce.exe on WinCE is not started, but I dont know how to check this?
    Do I need to check something else?

Regards.

josefm Gast

Hi tihomir,

regarding the CE issue, here's a description what should be done to get it running on CE
    http://www.copadata.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22

1. copy the SysSrvCE.exe on your CE device (e.g. via usb stick, flash card, etc.)
    2. run the executable
    3. stop it with the stop button on the graphical Interface
    4. select the connection type (Serial or TCP/IP)
    5. click start again

Then you can get the runtime itself on the device via the UpdateCE tool and for the project runtime files you can use the normal remote transport tool.

Best regards

Hi Josef,
    thanks for reply.

I assume that SysSrvCE.exe is on WinCE installation CD. I dont have that CD.
    How to check toolhelp.dll file presence on WinCE (how to get that file if it is missing)?

WinCE is version 5.0
    Processor: Intel xscale-81341.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by tihomir View Post
    Then, I figured out that I have Editor with unlimited tags and Runtime on other PC with 1024 tags that can be used.
    Tomorrow I will filter unnecesary tags and try again. Probably that will solve the problem.
    Hi Tihomir,

Thanks for the feedback. When you exceed the tags in your runtime license, this can also be a cause that symbols are not displayed.

However normally you do get a message on starting the runtime, that the number of tags is exceeded.

In the editor you can see the number of tags that are used in the project in the status line below the variables list. (internal variables do not Count towards the tags in the license)

Note, that when using multi-hierarchical Projects (Integration Project and Sub Projects) the tags for all projects need to be added for the total number of tags used by the runtime.

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi,
    after decreasing number of used tags I have all symbols.

What to do with SysSrvCE.exe? How to get it?
    Do i need install CD of WinCE?
    If yes, can you send me this file because I dont have CD, and in download zone I can not see any download?

Regards.

Hi Tihomir,

Thanks or the Feedback.

Which zenon version are you using?

From zenon Version 7.00 onwards, the CE runtime versions are automatically installed with the zenon Editor.

For earlier versions, please get in contact with your local COPA-DATA representative, when you don't have access to the download links on the web site or would like to receive an installation CD.

Best regards,
    Mark