Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Placing a jpg/bmp logo on Zenon CE page

mattsd Gast

Default Placing a jpg/bmp logo on Zenon CE page

Hello,
    I am trying to place a colour logo on an overview page. Zenon running on CE only looks like it accepts DXF cad files (that are mono).

I have managed to copy/paste it onto the page and it appears on the editor, but then the project freezes when that page is selected.

Thanks

sebastiank Gast

Default Re: Placing a jpg/bmp logo on Zenon CE page

Quote Originally Posted by mattsd View Post
    Hello,
    I am trying to place a colour logo on an overview page. Zenon running on CE only looks like it accepts DXF cad files (that are mono).

I have managed to copy/paste it onto the page and it appears on the editor, but then the project freezes when that page is selected.

Thanks
    It depends which size the picture has. If you can open the jpg or the bmp in the internet explorer on the ce device, it should usually work in zenOn as well. Please be aware, that pictures with a size larger than 1mb won't be opened very fast on a CE device. If you use a bmp with 32 or 24 bit of colour, please save it for ce devices in 16 bit. Then it should be displayed as well.

mattsd Gast

Hello sebastiank,

I have even tried with basic bmp/jpg files that are 1KB, as soon as the image is placed on the picture and downloaded to the remote CE device (Beckhoff CX1020), that page is all white (the other frames without the bmp display ok), when navigate away from that page, the display and try to select that page again, it will not display it. When the bmp/jpg is removed, the page is displayed ok.

mattsd Gast

By the way, it runs without problem when run on the PC, only on the CE unit. I really need to place some bmp/jpg icons onto my project so any help appreciated

are you sure that the file you are using, is a .bmp file? BMP files are normally displayed correctly on both the PC and CE terminals. Also on the CX1020.

What is causing problems on Windows CE, are .wmf and .emf files, because the Windows CE OS does not support these file-types.

Then it can come to the situation you are describing, that the page is not displayed at all.