Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Convert runtime created fpm.cmp

Default Convert runtime created fpm.cmp

Hello
    We have a project where the users in runtime can create a schedule, and this schedule is saved in the fpm.cmp file. When the users have created a schedule in 6.22 and they get updated to 6.51 they cannot convert it.
    We have tried to open/import the schedule into the editor in order to do the conversion, but cannot find an import.

Is there any way to convert a 6.22 fpm.cmp file to 6.51?

josefm Gast

Default Re: Convert runtime created fpm.cmp

Hi,

I can only make a guess, but I think you have to read back runtime files in an Editor version 6.22 and then create a backup and restore this backup in an Editor in version 6.51 ... but this is just an idea I have, not assured.

Best regards
    Last edited by josefm : 18th March 2013 at 16:40

Hi brc,

Josefm is right. The necessary steps are outlined in the conversion tutorial that is part of the online help. Use the 6.22 SP1 editor to read back / import the runtime files. Make sure that you check the editor settings for "rt changeable data", that "do not decompile" is not checked.

- "Read back runtime files" in the editor -> uses remote transport to get the runtime files from a remote runtime PC to the local editor runtime directory

- "import runtime files" in the editor -> imports the runtime files into the editor from the local editor runtime directory.

After the runtime files are imported, you should see the user created schedule in the editor. Now you can create a backup and restore the project in the new version. Make sure that after the conversion in the new version, you uncheck the box in rt changeabe data once for "compile and transfer", and after that check the box again, so further user changes are not overwritten by compiling files in the editor.

I do have one question, is there a specific reason that you want to use zenon 6.51? zenon 7.00 has been released quite some time ago, and the release of zenon 7.10, which will also support Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 is only weeks away.

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi
    Sorry about the late reply. I thought that I had turned on email notifications so I didnt realise the thread was answered.

Im going to try your solutions. Regarding why we are using 6.51 its just a matter of not having had time to upgrade. We had quite some (not zenon related) problems when we upgraded to 6.51 so we are not going to do it right away

Hi brc,

I'm sorry to hear about the upgrade issues. For your Information, zenon 7.10 SP0 has been released since your last post.

Best regards,
    Mark