Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Own DLL Library/Matlab/Complex controller structure Integration with the Zenon

Default Own DLL Library/Matlab/Complex controller structure Integration with the Zenon

Hey Guys,

I want to process plant data collected by Zenon by a controller and then send it back via Zenon to the plant. What is the best way to implement quite complex structures like Kalman filters, Model Predictivre Control in Zenon? Is it possible to integrate my own DLL libraries with Zenon? Or maybe I can integrate Matlab/Simulink models with the Zenon?

Default Re: Own DLL Library/Matlab/Complex controller structure Integration with the Zenon

Hi pwlodar,

Welcome to the forum

There are a few possibilities. The zenon logic is a IEC61131 logic that allows a large number of calculations to be performed with full access to the variable values in the zenon runtime. The zenon logic also allows integration of user defined c function blocks.

zenon also allows integration of Dlls through the programming interface. By using VSTA. you could take the value changes received in the zenon runtime, call a function in the dll that performs the calculation, and write the result back to a zenon variable.

Best regards,
    Mark

Default Re: Own DLL Library/Matlab/Complex controller structure Integration with the Zenon

Hi everyone,

Can anybody tell me how exaclty access those DLL's from VSTA? Since it doesn't have a possibility to create a DLL file, I don't have a clue how to import them.

Hi sejton,

you can include dll-files in the following way:
    1. open VSTA Editor
    2. make a right click on "ProjectAddin" and select "Add Reference" in the Context Menu
    3. click on the tab "Browse" and select the dll-file

BR
    Christian