Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: change font size of ActiveX ListBox

Frage change font size of ActiveX ListBox

Hi there!
    I use a ActiveX-Element "Microsoft Forms 2.0 ListBox-Control" on my screen and add some entries to it. But unfortunately the fontsize is much too small.
    How can I set the font size of the control? It doesn't matter if at runtime or design mode. I even could use a CD_ListBox instead of MS_ListBox.
    This is my code so far:
    zenOn.IElement zElementlstSorts = this.Project.DynPictures().Item("Sorts").Elements().Item("lstSorts");
    Microsoft.Vbe.Interop.Forms.ListBox JobListBox = zElementlstSorts.AktiveX() as Microsoft.Vbe.Interop.Forms.ListBox;
    JobListBox.Clear();                
    List jobList = GetJobList();
    object[] jobIDs = new object[jobList.Count];
    object defaultParameter = null;
    for (int incID = 0; incID < jobList.Count; incID++)
    {
        jobIDs[incID] = jobList[incID].id;
        JobListBox.AddItem(ref jobIDs[incID], ref defaultParameter);
    }
    can anyone please help?
    Last edited by professor_hubert_farnsworth : 5th March 2013 at 11:20 Reason: formatting

Default Re: change font size of ActiveX ListBox

Hello to Mars university and welcome to the forum

May I ask why you try to use the MS Forms activeX control? The zenon dynamic element combo-listbox is quite versatile and also allows adjusting the font. Entries can be created dynamically using string variables.

Best regards,
    Mark

Frage Re: change font size of ActiveX ListBox

I think this dynamic ListBox of Zenon insn't already implemented in Zenon V6.51 SP0 Build 12, is it?

As a workaround I set the font size using VBA (element properties --> VBA --> Init).
    But now I have the next problem:

I added several values to the listbox and now I want to know, which entry is selected by the user. the best way would be to react to the ListBox.Click event, but I don't know how to do that. I tried to add a handler but that didn't work:
    JobListBox.Click += new Microsoft.Vbe.Interop.Forms.MdcListEvents_ClickEventHandler(JobListBox_Click);
    leads to the error (in german):
    "Das COM-Objekt des Typs \"System.__ComObject\" kann nicht in den Ereignisschnittstellentyp \"Microsoft.Vbe.Interop.Forms.MdcListEvents_Event\" umgewandelt werden. Dieser Vorgang konnte nicht durchgeführt werden, da der QueryInterface-Aufruf an die COM-Komponente für die Schnittstelle mit der IID \"{A506E572-CABA-3342-A385-6775CA7206F0}\" aufgrund des Fehlers \"Schnittstelle nicht unterstützt (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE))\" nicht durchgeführt werden konnte und die Quellschnittstelle mit der IID \"{8BD21D22-EC42-11CE-9E0D-00AA006002F3}\" von der COM-Komponente nicht unterstützt wird."

and when I use a button click instead of an event the code:
    JobListBox.get_ListIndex()
    leads to the error: "unknown name".
    But in the VSTA watch window I can see the value if I add a watch to JobListBox and then enlarge the object properties (if I enter JobListBox.ListIndex directly it is not working).

I'm a little confused.
    Any ideas or solutions?

josefm Gast

Lächeln Re: change font size of ActiveX ListBox

Hi,

hopefully I got markclemens right, there is the zenon element "Combo-/Listbox" which you can use. Maybe you read through the F1 help and you'll find out that it is a suitable way of using a Combo-/Listbox in zenon

Otherwise please let me know, why it is not working for you

Best regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails combobox listbox element.PNG  

okay, I put the Combo-/Listbox on my screen and read the F1 help and every manual I could find, but I can't figure out how to fill it at runtime.
    I'm using Zenon V6.51 SP0 Build 12.
    Can you give me advice how to fill a number of entries into the ListBox at runtime? The number of entries must be dynamic, for it is not known at design time and can even change during runtime.
    Thanks a lot in advance

tobiassedlmeier Gast

The zenon Combo-/Listbox can dynamicly fill in the runtime with the zenon Version 7.00 or higher. With the Version 6.51 it is not possible.

that's what I thought, too.
    I'm already on my way to get things working using a combination of VBA and VSTA.
    Anyway, thanks for the support.

martins Gast

Default AW: change font size of ActiveX ListBox

hi,

I had that problem once too - getting the index of the selection is not that easy.
    One way could be to do it with a WPF control - which is a bit more complicated than using the ActiveX element - create a User Control Library with a simple ListBox element in it and use a public property to get the selection and write that into zenon.

I'll let you know if something else comes to my mind how to do this

best regards (and two thumbs up for the Futurama reference)
    Martin