Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Scan shows no value + Cant save internvar.bin

Default Scan shows no value + Cant save internvar.bin

Hi
    We have a strange problem. We have an installation where internvar.bin is not updated when we close zenon. If I delete internvar.bin with zenon running and closes it, it will save all the changes we have made in the new file.

At the same time, we are not able to scan the archives (from extended trend). If we are using Scan, we will only receive the names of the series, but not the values. There is data to display, and if we uses the Interop.zenOn.dll we can read the data. It is the same with the new data that is recorded (not being to scan the values). If I delete the arx files, I'm able to scan the new data.

Is there any way to verify that the files are not corrupted, or to see if zenon handles any errors? I have tried with the DiagViewer, but it does not give any information.

martins Gast

Default AW: Scan shows no value + Cant save internvar.bin

hi,

does this also happen when you try to create a new project with intern variables that you set to remanent?

How about if you try to read the values with the Archive Revision screen? Can you see any values there?

best regards,
    Martin

Default Re: Scan shows no value + Cant save internvar.bin

Hi Martin
    Thank you for your answer. Apperantly I forgot (again) to turn on email notifications for answers

Its an existing project that runns on different computers. We have many computers running, that do not have this problem. It is only a single computer, and when I delete the archives, I can scan the new data. Now after 20 days, the problem starts over again.

The archives are saved every 7th day. I deleted the archives the 27aug and now
    I have the scenario when watching the trenddata:
    27aug - 1sep can be scanned
    1 sep - 7sep can be scanned
    8 sep - 14sep can be scanned
    15 sep - 22sep : No data displayed
    23 sep -> Data is displayed, but cannot be scanned

I will return with information about the archive revision screen as soon as I have news

An update.
    I can still read the archive values through the interface (Interop.zenOn.dll) but it have deleted one of the archive files.

It have a file saved at:
    01 sep
    08 sep
    15 sep
    25 sep

Which corresponds with the missing data between 15th and 22th. It have started to save again, but the values after the 22th can still not be saved

I have ensured that everything runs as administrator, given all users access to the install directory, and removed old archives. It seems to have solved the problem