Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Zenon Compatibilty

Default Zenon Compatibilty

Hi,

I would like to know if zenon performance is dependant on whether the machine is 32bit or 64 bit?
    I tested my project in win 7 which is a 32 bit and also in win 2008 server R2 which is 64bit. In 32bit it works fine but in 64bit it is very slow and non responsive.

I did go through this post http://www.copadata.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1426, it says that this should not be a problem, but I find that there is preformance issue in 64bit machine.
    Last edited by ansab.tp : 14th February 2013 at 11:16

josefm Gast

Default Re: Zenon Compatibilty

Hi,

I think there is no difference between x86 (32 bit) or x64 (64 bit) machine or OS for versions less than or equal 7.00 in zenon.
    I bet there is another issue, regarding the OS services, as Windows Server 2008 R2 is working different compared to Windows 7
    When you're using Windows 7 (32 bit) and Windows 7 (64 bit) on an identical machine I bet you won't have that much difference.

Best regards

Default Re: Zenon Compatibilty

Hi ansab.tp,

Josefm is right. If you would actually measure it, you probably see a slightly better performance on x64 bit systems, despite the virtualization layer for 32 bit applications on 64 bit Windows.

zenon is tested on server 2008R2 (which comes only in 64 bit) and there are no known issues.

If zenon is slow and non responsive, that will have another cause. It will not be the operating system that is causing this.

Best regards,
    Mark