Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Runtime error

Default Runtime error

Hi,

The zenon runtime application used to run perfectly fine before.But now it has become very sluggish and sometimes just does not respond. I tried regenerating the runtime files and also changed the run time folder path but did not help. Can you please suggest a solution for this?

TIA

josefm Gast

Default Re: Runtime error

Hi,

have you any further hints ? What have you been changing ? Are you storing historical data ? What is the task manager saying ?
    Without any further hints I think no one just can say it with those information you gave

Best regards

I have been changing vba macros, alarm areas and reaction matrix.
    The vba macros run without any error when i execute them. Reaction matrix is a multi binary type which i am using to monitor the status bit of the alarm areas.
    Task manager says "not responding".
    If i restore the previous backups its running fine. And i am storing historical data but i have not changed anything in that, its the same as before when the runtime was working fine.

josefm Gast

Hi,

I believe that changes in the VBA are, in my honest opinion, the reason you could have performance issues. The compiler just checks the syntax, not the running code. If there is any performance issue nothing will tell you exactly.
    And also I don't think that alarm areas and reaction matrix are causing the problem.

But in this case I suggest to contact the local support and send them a project backup before changes were done and now, then they can investigate best.

But maybe someone else has a solution and I'm just wrong

Kind regards

Hi ansab.tp,

I think josefm is right and that the issues are likely to be caused by the changes you made in the project VBA.

You cannot use any "sleep" calls or endless loops in your VBA in the zenon runtime, as this will cause the zenon runtime to stop responding!

What you could do is try and use your current project, but then temporarily disable VBA, to rule out a possible cause in the other changes you have made.

You can disable VBA by editing the file "zenon6.ini", and change in the section [VBA] the setting to EIN=0, and then restart the runtime. If the runtime then works normally, you need to check your VBA code.

What you could also try, is start the runtime with VBA enabled, and press "Ctrl+Break" when it says "not responding". When the VBA debugger appears, a VBA macro is almost certain to cause the issue, and the cursor is actually inside the VBA macro. This Ctrl+Break however may not work in all circumstances.

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi,

There are four files named zenon6.ini under the folder COPA-DATA\zenon 7.00 SP0\CE. Do I need to change to ENI=0 in all four files?

Hi,

No, you would need to change the zenon6.ini file in the %CD_SYSTEM% directory. The %CD_SYSTEM% system environment variable points to c:\programdata\copa-data\system.

C:\programdata in windows normally is a hidden folder, which is why you probably only found the four CE template zenon6.ini files. (you can activate an option to search also in hidden folders) You don't need to modify the four zenon6.ini files in the \CE subdirectory.

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi,

I disabled vba like you suggested, but the run time is still very sluggish. There is no change.

Hi,

When you are certain that VBA is disabled, one of your other changes could also be causing this.

For example when you have accidentally engineered an endless loop in the runtime. This can happen when you create a function to call a script, and in that script use the function to call that same script. Or when you created a function to open a screen, and at the screen you use a function to call that same screen again.

If you cannot locate the issue yourself, I would recommend contacting your local support for further assistance

Best regards,
    Mark