Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: project data base driver C damage! how to recover database?

Default project data base driver C damage! how to recover database?

Dear Mr. or Ms:
    I have a big problerm:
    I generate the project database in Drive C: of my loptop, after some days, my laptop driver C was crashed, luckly is i copy the folder (zenon_Projects) out from driver C.
    the question is how to make this folder back to the new system and run in normal, i mean just copy the folder to the new project database folder, it dose not work, why? how to make this back to normal?
    byw, i am come from China user.

Default Re: project data base driver C damage! how to recover database?

Hello!

To restore projects you need the projects backups (*.zip) and/or workspace backup (*.wsb), this is, the editor files.

If you previously created project backups and don't know where are the backup files, the files you need may be located in the Database backup folder (SQL). For zenon 7.00 under win7 on C:\ProgramData\COPA-DATA\SQL2008R2\BACKUP\”project_name”

To restore these projects you just need to create a new workspace and then Restore project backup… by selecting the respective zip file.

Best regards,
    DC

Default Re: project data base driver C damage! how to recover database?

If there is no workspace or project backup, projects can be restored via the following procedure:

PRECONDITION:
    folder from the SQL folder of e.g. crashed PC is fully available!

SQL folder location depends on the OS and the SQLServiceName on the zenon Version used:
    • WindowsXP and older: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\COPA-DATA\SQL\

• WindowsVista and newer: C:\ProgramData\COPA-DATA\SQL*

GUID example: 9403a5ef-551d-4e61-a014-c3d4bc4e19cc

The GUID folder must contain the folders "Files" and "SQL" and the file "DB.ini"
    In the DB.INI file you find the projectname to identify the projects: NAME=PROJECTNAME)

Sequence:
    1.On your new PC paste the GUID folders to your SQL directory, location depends on your operating system and zenon Version, see above
    2.You must "attach" (SQL Management Studio or SQL Command) the SQL part of the project to the database on the PC.
    3.Terminate the process zenDBSrv.exe (it is automatically restarted with the next start of the editor)
    4.Start the zenon editor, open a workspace and select "Insert existing project...", your restored projects should be visible. Select the project you want to open.
    Last edited by wolfgangm : 7th January 2013 at 15:28