Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Importing Files from IEDs on FTP and TELNET

Default Importing Files from IEDs on FTP and TELNET

Hello,

We are using SEL IEDs and want to retrieve the oscillography and event files.

SEL IEDs support TELNET and FTP to retrieve this info. How can we achieve this in zenOn?

Could you please help?

Thanks

Default Re: Importing Files from IEDs on FTP and TELNET

What protocol are you using to communicate with this IED, IEC61850 or IEC60870 or ...?

Hi
    I think that SEL relay connect with system by protocol IEC61850.
    But the event report are formatted text file that are read vertically. And the relay support to receive that file by ftp or telnet.
    So that I thinks the way to do like this:
    + When HMI client received an event (trip via IEC61850), create a script to open ftp SEL relay and received the file.
    + After that make a script to open the *txt file and display some row of that file in Alarm list ?
    So Can we do it in Zenon?

Brgds
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you want to transfer some files from an IEC61850 Server (IED) to a PC do it using as called "File Transfer" - it is part of IEC61850 protocol. In zenon there is iec850 driver - IEC61850 Client - it can transfer files.

Any text file you will have on zenon PC you can open in zenon Logic (straton) and then write parsed event values to variables created for stratonNG driver; stratonNG (or straton32) driver connects zenon with zenon Logic. Then these variables can cause alarms or CEL entries etc.

For TELNET of FTP transfer there is no direct support in zenon. For next zenon version (7.10) we are planning to extend zenon Logic with FTP transfer. But even then please rather take File Transfer of IEC61850 - then the Server (IED) can better take care to manage its current tasks during runing transfer.

But i'm wandering why to send text files and read events from files instead to make communication on iec850 driver - and read or get spontaneous events when they are happening on IED. From the short post it looks like you want to use transferring of some text files instead to use modern, professional and faster direct communication on good protocol

Quote Originally Posted by ursulap View Post
    What protocol are you using to communicate with this IED, IEC61850 or IEC60870 or ...?
    We are using IEC61850, but SEL IEDs does not support MMS file transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by salmanhassan2 View Post
    ..SEL IEDs does not support MMS file transfer.
    Wow, that's nice
    Actually surprising, i don't think the File Transfer on MMS is so hard to implement, thus it would be interesting to know what the reason is it wouldn't implemented

So for the moment (until release of 7.10) you would have to transfer the files using some external ftp application. In zenon you can call any Windows program (or BAT-file) using function 'Start program'. This function call can be trigged by the limit linked to iec850 variable (where IED gives event "there is a file"). And as i already mentioned: when you want to parse information from a text file - use zenon Logic.

Default AW: Importing Files from IEDs on FTP and TELNET

Hello,

We have downloaded the zenOn 7.10.
    Where can I find the ftp in zenOn logic 7.10? I could not find it in the Filed Bus Configuration.
    Kindly help.
    Thanks
    Salman Hassan

There was no need to implement any new driver (a field bus) for FTP. We placed it in Function Blocks. Unfortunatelly the zenon 7.10 setup has a gap - the description of new FBs (for ftp and iBool) are missing in HWDEF directory, so the Workbench does not show them on the list even that they are there .

I don't have yet the correct entries to manually update HWDEF; i will post about later.

Hi
    "I don't have yet the correct entries to manually update HWDEF; i will post about later."
    Do you have manual for this thing now?

Brgds

You can create a new function block of type "FTP". The screenshot here shows which parameters to specify.
    Does this help in the fast?