Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Archive filler value

Default Archive filler value

Hello,

I have a problem - I set the variable/archive filler vaue for several variables but the thing does not function as I expect it.

If I send stop command to the driver the variable should get the value set in the archive filler parameter of the variable, but it does not - it keeps the last received value.

Is there some special parameter to turn the archive filler value on??

Thanks and best regards!

Jurij.

Default AW: Archive filler value

Hi jurij.

When you have a look at the property help for the archive filler value you will find a description how exactly this property behaves. As descripted this value is only used if there was no connection to the hardware at all. If the value was connected already it uses the last valid value.

cheers

Default Re: AW: Archive filler value

Quote Originally Posted by johannes.foidl View Post
    Hi jurij.

When you have a look at the property help for the archive filler value you will find a description how exactly this property behaves. As descripted this value is only used if there was no connection to the hardware at all. If the value was connected already it uses the last valid value.

cheers
    Hello Johannes!

I want to have zeros in archive for the time the connection to the HW was down. How is it possible to achive this functionallity?

Thanks and best regards!

Jurij.

Default AW: Archive filler value

Hi jurij.

I tested the archive filler value again because something was not absolutely clear here.
    The behavior I explained to you the last time is not always applicable.

A driver stop-command is treated different then a connection loss. When a driver was stopped all variables belonging to that driver get the status "OFF" and the archive filler value is the last received value.
    Whereas when the connection was lost the variables get the status "INVALID". In that case the archive is filled with the value defined in the variable properties.

Did you stop the driver only for testing purpose or is this your general use case? You can test the difference (OFF vs. INVALID) when unplugging the network cable e.g.

Default Re: Archive filler value

Hello,

It has been a while, since I was working with this Zenon problem.

My problem actually is that even when the driver looses connection to PLC due to communication breakdown, the archive still fills up with the last value, but the data in archive is marked as INVALID. The parameter for archive filler value is 0.0 (the default).

How can I turn on the filling of 0.0 for the time of communication breakdown??

BR,

Jurij.

Default Re: Archive filler value

Hi Juri,

The archive filler value that you can configure at the variable is actually used differently.

This value is used to fill up cyclic archives for times where the runtime was not running. When the option to generate alternate archives is inactive, only the currently open archive is filled with the filler value, when the runtime is started again.

When you have the option to generate alternate archives active, the runtime will generate on startup all archive files, filled with the archive filler value, since the last available archive. (This option has no effect when you only just configured an archive, and no previous archive files exist in the runtime directory)

Click image for larger version

Name:	alternate_archive_generation.png
Views:	14
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	944

What you would need to do, from your description, is to switch the variables that are invalid (have no PLC communication) to "alternate value". In this case, the archive filler value is suggested as the default alternate value. As long as the variable is switched to alternate value in the runtime, this alternate value will be entered into the archive.

Name:	switch_to_alternate.png
Views:	21
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	945

Name:	alternate.png
Views:	7
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	946

You can perform mass switch to alternate values, using the RGM module, the programming interface, the report generator or status processing in multi-remas.

Best regards,
    Mark

By the way, the archive filler value configured at the variable is also used as the default value for recipe variables in a newly created RGM recipe