Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Dynamically changing alarm descriptions

mattsd Gast

Default Dynamically changing alarm descriptions

Hello,

in my PLC project (Beckhoff Twincat) I have generic devices 1-10. Within ZenOn (CE version) on a setup page, I assign string for each, ie device1_name = engine room hydraulics, device2_name = engine room cooling etc

Then I read this string for positions on the screen.

My problem is the alarms, I use the limit test for the alarm description, but we dont want an engineer to have to change this description for every project. Can I display a string text from a variable instead of a 'hard' entered alarm description?

sebastiank Gast

Default Re: Dynamically changing alarm descriptions

Quote Originally Posted by mattsd View Post
    Hello,

in my PLC project (Beckhoff Twincat) I have generic devices 1-10. Within ZenOn (CE version) on a setup page, I assign string for each, ie device1_name = engine room hydraulics, device2_name = engine room cooling etc

Then I read this string for positions on the screen.

My problem is the alarms, I use the limit test for the alarm description, but we dont want an engineer to have to change this description for every project. Can I display a string text from a variable instead of a 'hard' entered alarm description?
    It is possible to import commends from twincat. You have to quote the text beside the variable declaration in the IEC format (*asdfjkl*), and then this text is imported in the variable identification. You can execute a VBA macro in the editor where you assign the identification text to the limit text of the limit.

Default Re: Dynamically changing alarm descriptions

You can use dynamic limit texts, where the alarm text is coming from a string variable in the PLC dynamically.

Please see the embedded help in the editor at the property "limit text" for more information.