Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: variable Identification

Frage variable Identification

Hi..
    I have exported the variables to XML and found there are two fields 1. ShortName 2. Name. what is these two fields represents.

in my project i'm going to use OPC Config.
    i have created variable like: PLC1:.Var1.
    i wanted to view only Var1(i do not want to enter the PLC1:. in the Variable name) how do i can do it?. i do not want to mention the PLC name in the Tag Name.

i wanted to use identification with variable name option
    Kindly Help me.
    Thanks&Rgds,
    Paruvathakumar

Default Re: variable Identification

Hi Paruvathakumar,

Perhaps you could provide a bit more information, like which driver you are using.

With the OPC DA client driver, you have three options for variable addressing.

- Use the zenon variable name as the OPC item name
    - Use the zenon variable identification as the OPC item name
    - Use the zenon variable offset to retrieve the OPC item name from the configuration file

If in your case you want to have only a part of the OPC item name in either your variable name or your variable identification, then there is only the option with the offset.

With the OPC UA client driver, the variable name and identification are freely defineable. The browse name property at the zenon variable defines which item in the OPC UA server should be addressed. (this is similar to the offset - configuration file option of the OPC DA client driver, however in this case a separate property at the variable.)

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi Mark,
    I'm using OPC Client V2-0 to communicate with CoDeSys OPC Server.
    i want to use Zenon Variable name as OPC Item Name

if i go for an Offset option then how can i config it.
    Thanks&Rgds,
    Paruvathakumar

Hi Paruvathakumar,

When you are using CoDeSys, 2.xx and your PLC with CoDeSys supports symbols and the ARTI interface, there are direct drivers available that also support offline and online import, which are probably a better option than to use the OPC server and OPC client driver. (e.g. the 3S_ARTI_NG driver)

Please have a look at the driver documentation for the OPC client driver, either in the online help from your editor or in the latest documentation on our service site.

Basically in the driver configuration you uncheck the box "identification via variable name" and you get an additional tab "browser". Browse the variables from the server, select the variables you want from the server address area into the lower zenon opc client address area, and select "OK".

In the next step, right click the driver in the drivers list and choose "import variables from driver", to import the zenon variables that now use the offset into the configuration file to get the opc item ID.

Still, I would recommend looking into using the 3S_ARTI_NG driver option when you have not yet obtained a license for the OPC client driver.

Best regards,
    Mark