Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: ArchiveFilter.Raster

Default ArchiveFilter.Raster

I want to repeat unanswered topic from gz0000.

I have ciclic archive and i use Raster property to decrease amount of data returned with ArchiveQuery.

But no diffrerence is Raster = 0 or any other value, ArchiveQuery results with same amount of values.

Can you check this?

Default AW: ArchiveFilter.Raster

as far as i have been informed the "Raster" property does not influence any behaviour on reading archives via the object model at all.
    with zenon versions >= 6.51 the flag "ReadOnlyVarsInFilter" is available which only will load those variables into the memory which are defined in the filter and not all variables definied in the archive.

regards,
    herbert

Default Re: ArchiveFilter.Raster

Thanks, Herberto!

This is very interesting property.

Can you also clarify, what are pros and contras of setting this property? Why it is disabled by default? Can setting of it give me benefits while loading big amounts (>30k) of archive data (earlyer in this forum i've refer to big memory consumption while such quries)?

as far as i know the "raster" property will be removed in a future version of zenon because it does not work at all and it will not be revised in order to work.

regards,
    herbert

Default Re: ArchiveFilter.Raster

Herbert, sorry, i was not enough clear.
    I mean pros and contras of using ReadOnlyVarsInFilter property.

if you have i.e. an archive configured with 100 variables in it and you define in the filter to read out i.e. 30 variables then
    - without the flag "ReadOnlyVarsInFilter" all 100 variables are loaded into the memory
    - with the flag "ReadOnlyVarsInFilter" only 30 variables are loaded into the memory

using the ETM (Extended Trend Module) it also work like this
    - with zenon versions < 6.51 all 100 variables are loaded into the memory but only 30 are displayed in the ETM
    - with zenon versions >= 6.51 only 30 variables are loaded and displayed

regards,
    herbert