Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: IEC 103 Distrubance Record

Default IEC 103 Distrubance Record

Hello,

Kindly advise how to extract IEC 103 Fault records from Relay. In the IEC 103 driver properties there is a location for saving fault record but when i trigger fault nothing is saved.

Regards

Default Re: IEC 103 Distrubance Record

Hi Archie,

Please check out the latest driver documentation on the website (IEC870_10332.pdf) accessible through the documentation link on our service page, if you have not yet already done so.

In the chapter "driver specific functions" - section "Disturbance Data request" the process to get the disturbance data is described as well as which special variables you need to create in your zenon project.

Best regards,
    Mark

Dear MArk,

As specified in the manual shown below, i have two create two variables under type disturbance. But when i tried to enter dir or get [faultno], it didn't show the directory nor it fetch the fault record. I run a serial sniffer and could not even see that the request is being send from zenon.

To fetch Disturbance Data files for a Function Type or to view the available data, you have to configure two String variables of the driver object type DISTURBANCE DATA (on page 26) and the according Function Type. The variable with Information Number 0 is the command and status variable, the one with Information Number 1 is the directory variable. The index of these variables is ignored.
    If you set the value of the variable for Information Number 0 to 'DIR', the directory information will be updated and shown in the variable with Information Number 1. After executing the operation, the variable with Information Number 0 will get the value 'DIR OK' or 'DIR ERROR'.
    By sending 'GET [FaultNo] to the variable with Information Number 0, the corresponding Disturbance Data file is retrieved and stored in the configured directory as Comtrade files called '[FktType]-[FaultNo].cfg' and '[FktType]-[FaultNo].dat' (for example: '128-3.cfg, 128-3.dat'). After executing the operation, the variable with Information Number 0 will get the value 'GET OK' or 'GET ERROR'.

Is there something missing still from the configuration?

Thanks,
    Archie

sorry for maybe stupid question but have you tried to type DIR (or GET) in upper case?
    I'm not sure how it is in iec870_103 but for other our iec drivers 'dir' is not a valid command syntax, only 'DIR'.

Hello,

It is working now..
    Things i've missed.

1. Net address
    2. String size i changed to 255 (don't if have any effect)
    3. Info. 1 is the location where you enter "dir" or "get fault_no"
    4. Info. 0 is the status of the command

Both upper and lower case command works.

Thanks,
    Archie
    Last edited by archie : 29th August 2012 at 12:17

I heve system with Siemens relay with 61850 and IEC 60870-5-103 protocols.
    Can DDSC 61850 and DDSC 103 works in sametime on server?

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Things i've missed.
    1. Net address
    2. String size i changed to 255 (don't if have any effect)
    3. Info. 1 is the location where you enter "dir" or "get fault_no"
    4. Info. 0 is the status of the command
    Thank you for feedback!

1. It is the general rule in zenon that every process variable must have correct Net address. Else the driver does not know which connection (defined in the driver configuration) should be used.
    2. the string size delimits screen element by typing the command. But when driver receives longer directory description as variable length or must put in command variable more chars - it does it anyway.
    3 and 4 - according driver documentation - driver object types - DISTURBANCE DATA:
    The variable with Information Number 0 is the command and status variable, Information Number 1 is the directory variable.
    Are Info=1 and Info=0 really switched? What zenon version are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by eklpakl View Post
    I heve system with Siemens relay with 61850 and IEC 60870-5-103 protocols.
    Can DDSC 61850 and DDSC 103 works in sametime on server?
    What "DDSC" is? Do you mean DDCS?

When you ask if this Relay can work simultaneously as IEC61850 Server and IEC60870-103 Slave - i don't know, i suppose it should be documented in the manual of relay or you can ask by Siemens.

When you ask if zenon can communicate using simultaneously two protocols with one and the same Relay - YES. The TPC/IP ports are different, thus you can create two drivers in zenon - the iec850 driver and the iec870_103 driver - and both will communicate parallel with the same IP address but diverse ports. Or even the iec870-103 runs on serial connection. When the relay supports them simultaneously, from zenon side i don't see any problem.

Or is your question about file transfer of Disturbance Data on both protocols? We are in thread about disturbance data...

Quote Originally Posted by ursulap View Post
    Thank you for feedback!

1. It is the general rule in zenon that every process variable must have correct Net address. Else the driver does not know which connection (defined in the driver configuration) should be used.
    2. the string size delimits screen element by typing the command. But when driver receives longer directory description as variable length or must put in command variable more chars - it does it anyway.
    3 and 4 - according driver documentation - driver object types - DISTURBANCE DATA:
    The variable with Information Number 0 is the command and status variable, Information Number 1 is the directory variable.
    Are Info=1 and Info=0 really switched? What zenon version are you using?
    Am using 6.51 and it works for me this way.
    Another follow up question, is it possible to change zenon way of saving the fault record files? Right now it saves as "Function type-Fault Number". What will happen if new fault comes with the same fault number, i feel it will overwrite the old one. Is there a way to save as per date/time?

Thanks,
    Archie

You can copy/move received disturbance files into another directory (and/or rename). From zenon you can do it using zenon function from group Windows - File Operations.