Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Enable IPA in VBA

Default Enable IPA in VBA

Hi
    I want to know if is possible enable/disable IPA in runtime with VBA.
    I found in the help property "AsmActive" but I need help on how to use this.
    Thanx

Default Re: Enable IPA in VBA

Hi,

May I ask why you would want to enable or disable the IPA feature, while the runtime is running? This could lead to inconsistencies in your statistics. (e.g. an alarm comes while IPA is active, and goes while IPA is inactive)

Regards,
    Mark

For specific customer request I'm using IPA for a Copadata non conventional use
    For this I need sometime to drop IPA DB or his own table (this for syncronize related data coming from ETM).
    This is not possible if zenOn application is running.
    I have thought that disable for a while IPA module could solve my problem.
    Any other suggestion?

Thank you for replay

Ciao

Hi fabios,

Would this be something that you need to do on a regular basis? Or is it a one off thing or something that needs to be done e.g. once a year?

Perhaps you can set the database in single user mode (connection held by the zenon runtime will be closed) and then drop the table?

As far as I know it is not possible to temporary disable the IPA, unless you change the project configuration and do a reload.

Best regards,
    Mark

Mark

I need to do this every 1st runtime after application upgrade.
    Now this is done in manually but customer ask me to avoid manual operation.

Anyway thank for your interest

Ciao

Hi fabios,

Thanks for that information.

Just to give you an idea to work with:

With remote transport in the zenon editor, you can have user defined entries, and select "copy and execute" instead of "copy".

The user defined entries could be a batch file, and a .sql file. The batch file can start osql.exe with a parameter to call the .sql file, in which you connect to your SQL server for the IPA database and e.g. drop the table or any other action you may need to perform.

Every time you establish a remote transport connection from the editor, you could first close the runtime, then perform a remote transport, and this action defined in the custom entry would be executed.

Of course you would have to build in some safeguard to prevent this from happening unintendedly, e.g. password protect the loading of the project, or use the programming interface in the zenon editor to initialize this special remote transport action.

I hope this gives you an idea of how this could be solved.

Best regards,
    Mar