Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Zenon archive issue (archive inactive)

Default Zenon archive issue (archive inactive)

Hello!

I'm currently working on a project which involves archiving data from sensors. All the archiving mechanism works OK on the laptop that i'm working on, but when i transfer the RT files to the target PC, the archive stays inactive and there is no recording of data.
    Any idea on what the problem might be?

Thank you!

(The laptop runs Windows 7 Pro x64 and the target PC runs Windows 7 Home Edition x86)

Default AW: Zenon archive issue (archive inactive)

Hi eugenius.

Do you use a zenon network? So have you configured a server in your project?

Default Re: Zenon archive issue (archive inactive)

Hi Eugenius,

Another possibility may also be a difference in the license on your computer and the remote runtime system.

When you are using e.g. spontaneous scanning in your archive, it will work with a historian license, however this is not available with a historian starter edition (SE) license.

Best regards,
    Mark

Hello, thanks for the answers!

No, i do not have a server.. it's just the PC running Zenon, connected to a Beckhoff bus coupler. And i've used this configuration before and it worked. I had the same problem with the archive, but it went away at some point, seemingly for no reason. And now i'm not sure if it's a bug in Zenon or it's me doing something wrong.

Thanks!

Default AW: Zenon archive issue (archive inactive)

Hi eugenius.

I don't think that this is an bug in zenon as many of our customers use archiving the same way as you do and it's working proper.
    Anyway, how did you notice that it is not archiving anything at all? Have you checked the runtimefiles on the target PC? Is there a folder having the PC-name including .arx files?

Hi, Johannes!

Yes, i have. The folder is there and it contains most of the files needed, except for the .arx files. Also, in the Archive Revision screen, the status of the archive is Inactive.
    I've copied the .arx files from my laptop to this folder and i can view data that was already written in the archive, but no new data. (As I said, everything works fine on the laptop, but the archive stop working when I transfer the RT files to the target PC)

Thanks!

Hello,

Mark mentioned that the license could be the reason! What kind of zenon Historian/Archive license do you use?
    What kind of archive ( cyclic, sponatnous,..) do you use?

On the target PC the archive must be started once, if this is not set to "on runtime start" this must happen manually anytime later!
    zenon offers a build in function to display all current running archives, please check if your archive is among the running ones.
    The zenon function is called "Display open archives"!
    Does your archive run?

Please give an answer to all questions, otherwise it is hard to advise something.

wolfgang

Blinzeln Re: Zenon archive issue (archive inactive)

Hello!

Answers to all the questions:

- the license is Starter Edition (6.50)
    - i use a cyclic archive;
    - the archive is set to start at runtime;
    - i have used the function for diplaying the running argchives, but mine is not listed, so it's not running;

Thanks!

Hello,

thank you for the information.

What if you start the archive manually with the function "Archive start"?

If the archive does not start either, please check the "DiagViewer", what log messages appear concerning the Archive/Historian.
    You find the DiagViewer in the Startup Tool under "Tools".
    Please check the online help (F1), Manual -> Diagonsis Viewer for how to use it.

wolfgang

Hello!

Yes, i did try starting the archive manually, but that doesn't work either... The DiagViewer wasn't of much help and i'm out of ideas..

Anyway, thanks everyone for the answers and wish you all goog luck with your projects!