Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How to create Events

Default How to create Events

Hello everybody! I'm from Ukraine and I'm trying to undestand how this system works.
    I have stuck on my attemption to assign some VBA macros to any event.
    The problem is I do not see the Events at all, I do not even know where they should be shown.

I tried to create a screen (on the manual's screenshots it called "Pictures". I'm wondering why, my version is 6.50 SP0 Build 1. Is it older that version described in most manuals?) with a button. Please tell me how I can make some VB script (or macros) run when I, for example, make left mouse button click on that button.
    And how can I create (or find somewhere) Events like LeftClickDown, RightClickUp...?

I thank everybody for answering. And excuse me my English.

I also want to show you my VBA Editor's view. Maybe something is wrong with it, but I'm quite sure the problem is in me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Безымянный.png  

Default Re: How to create Events

Hi there, welcome to the forum

The latest zenon version, currently is version 7.00 SP0.
    In the generation 6, the latest version is 6.51 SP0.

Many new features have been added since 6.50, so if you are just starting a project, it is well worth considering an upgrade.

Most functionality you can achieve in zenon without having to create a single macro. This has many advantages, it performs better, is maintained more easily, does not require programming skills, and compatibility is assured when upgrading to a newer version.

If you do want to create macros, of course this is possible. VBA macros for mouse events can be created in the "programming interfaces" node in the project tree. You first create a macro here, then you can write your code, and then you can link this macro e.g. at your buttons.

See the online help chapters for more information. When you plan to use macros intensively, you may also want to consider attending a 1 day zenon programming interface training, to learn how to correctly use the programming interfaces in VBA and .NET (VSTA, C# or VB.NET).

Best regards,
    Mark

Thank You a lot, Mark!

I have contacted COPA-DATA center in Ukraine and now I am waiting them to respond and give me a chance to download ZenOn 6.51 demo.

My Project Manager's window looks like on the screen beneath.
    Can You tell me what to press or what should I do to make "VBA macros" sub-directory appear in the "Programming Interfaces" directory?

Best regards, Dimitri.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Безымянный.png  

I've got the solution by my own!
    Oh Gott, how happy I am...

I think this thread needs to be closed.

Hi,

Great!
    Judging from your screenshot, it seems that the option "Windows CE Project" was active?

Thanks,
    Mark