Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Assigned RCB was not found

Default Assigned RCB was not found

Hello
    I have a MiCOM P442 protection that is connected to a Zenon 6.51 SP0 Build 11 system.
    Protocol is IEC61850.
    I have connected the device, online browsing is working, polling is working.
    I am trying to enable a BRCB or URBC on the device with no success.
    The report is correctly set in the device, with a dataset corresponding to the needed variables.
    I am setting the BRCB with a correct Hostname and the Report-ID is imported online.
    In DEBUG mode i get "Assigned RCB ***** was not found"
    Also tried with the option "Use Report-ID for RCB assignment" with no success.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RCB.png   RCB 2.png   BRCB3.JPG  

Default Re: Assigned RCB was not found

From log it looks like that the client tries to access these RCBs but the Server responses that it does not have RCBS with such reference or it gives another negative answer.

Are you sure the "E04F21System/LLN0/urcbA01[RP]" is a ReportID and not the report name? Maybe you first browsed report names and next changed to use IDs? Each time when you change the driver setting - between the use of names or IDs - you must browse the reports again.

The *3.jpg does not give any useful information. How about SCL-file?

According the Standard one instance of BRCB can be enabled for only one client. But for URCB the proper Server should let access for many clients to one instance. It's strange that the client cannot even enaible *urcbA01[RP]. Maybe you could check in Wireshark what the server responses?

Hello
    Attached are the .icd file and a Wireshark log.
    I do not know exactly where to look in the wireshark log for this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

In Wireshark i can see that the Server does not provide any list with report control blocks it has: the iec850 driver requests the mms.getNameList for E04F21Control (in WS entry no. 206, invokeID 30) but the Server responds with empty list - 0 items (entry no. 208). It should respond with blocks it has in this logical device.

Make sure no other client is using reports from this server. Maybe also for unbuffered reports it enables for clients only one instance? According CID-file it has only single instances of RCBs (RptEnabled.max=1).

BTW, in CID-file i can see that these reports should have nice, simple names (urcbA, brcbA, brcbB); why you are using report IDs?

Hello
    Report IDs are used only for the purpose of testing various options to see if it makes a difference.
    I am sure no other clients are connecting to the device since it is in a laboratory environment.

It seems that there is a problem with the device itself. In the setup procedure for these devices a template .icd file is provided by the manufacturer. We had a problem getting the correct .icd file from Schneider and at last some guy from the factory send us this template. Maybe there is an error in it, that is leading to these problems.
    I am also in contact with Schneider support for this.

I have the solution:

It seems that in my project I didn't have a variable of the logical device E04F21System created. This is obligatory to be able to read the RCB in E04F21System/LLN0.

I have added the Health variable from System/LLN0 in V460 and now it works.

yes, the driver does not activate features of logical devices it does not have any variable.

I've assumed that you have some variables for sure as the data set "IEC101" used in report brcbB contains data from GGIO on this device. And i've obviously overlooked something in your Wireshark sniff, sorry. Thank you for feedback.