Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Command REG-DA OLTC with IEC61850

Default Command REG-DA OLTC with IEC61850

Hello
    I have an a.eberle REG-DA oltc controller, connected via 61850 to a zenon 6.51 SP0 Build 5.
    Connection and communication is working.
    Can anybody advice how to realize the command for Lower/Higher the step position?
    According the IEC standard "Binary controlled step position information" the ctlVal is coded, with commands to "stop/lower/higher/".
    In the Editor I am able just to make commands sending 0 and 1, but here i assume will be needed also at least 2 /10/ since i was able to get the device to change, but only in one direction.

Default Re: Command REG-DA OLTC with IEC61850

First make sure your */Oper.ctlVal[CO] variable for this step position command has data type UDINT, not BOOL.

Then to send the command you have to set value to this variable.

For example when you are using zenon module Command input (available only in Energy Edition) you have to define 4 actions of type "Setpoint input" (set value input) with property "Return state/switching direction" = DIR and in property "Set value" put the values you want to send.

Hello
    Data type in zenon is UDINT.
    In the Device settings for this variable two major things are available.
    First to choose Control type IEC /screen 1/: from this only BOOLEAN and DOUBLEPOINT allow to make command for UP and DOWN, the others need specific value.
    Other setting is Command behavior Type /screen 2/.
    I made the Setpoint commands, with property DIR and set value 1.000 and 2.000.
    If i use Doublepoint and Double command with value nothing happens.
    If i use Doublepoint and Binary command with value or Command with value the commands are executing in one direction /DOWN/ regardless of the value I am sending.
    Also in Set value I am setting numerical value 1.0/2.0, and I can see that device expects Binary 01,10?
    Please advice on how the Device should be set to connect correctly to the Setpoint commands.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Control Sets.JPG   Type.JPG  

According the IEC61850-7-3 the ctlVal in BSC class has type CODED ENUM, according -8-1 the type CODED ENUM is mapped to MMS Bitstring. The IEC Standard didn't make the handling of values for such variables easy...

Please read the topic "Mapping of Double Point Valus" in iec850 driver Help in "Driver-specific functions". In the Help it is explained on example of stVal attribute, but i suppose also the values for your setpoint commands on Oper.ctlVal are 0x00, 0x40, 0x80 and 0xC0.
    Last edited by ursulak : 16th May 2012 at 09:08

Hello
    I red the mentioned help file. It seems that the Mapping of double point values is done only for stVal variables, and I have no problem reading them.
    For the command of the OLTC however I have tried a number of different settings of the Server with the Setpoint input. I am not sure however that the value I am setting is transmitted as it should be.
    So stuck.
    If there are any suggestions I am ready to dig deeper and test.

I've recommended you to read this topic not because of DP Mapping; only because there is the explanation how according the IEC Standard the values for CODED ENUM are handled.

Have you tried to send setpoint commands on Oper.ctlVal with values 0x00, 0x40, 0x80 and 0xC0 (0, 64, 128 and 192)? If the Server uses correct definition for this BSC class (Binary controlled step position information) then it should work. Is this ctlVal an ENUM in online import dialog?

From the screenshots of Server i cannot say for sure what setting is the right one; good luck!

64 is Lower and 128 is Higher!
    Uau, you rock!
    Works like a charm with the default setting of the REG-DA.
    So for the record:
    1. In Command menu I created two actions of the type New set value input.
    2. Value is called: TapChg/Oper.ctlVal
    3. Setting of Setpoint input is: Response status: DIR
    4. Set value: 64 is DOWN and 128 is UP

Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by ursulak View Post
    First make sure your */Oper.ctlVal[CO] variable for this step position command has data type UDINT, not BOOL.

Then to send the command you have to set value to this variable.

For example when you are using zenon module Command input (available only in Energy Edition) you have to define 4 actions of type "Setpoint input" (set value input) with property "Return state/switching direction" = DIR and in property "Set value" put the values you want to send.
    Hi ursulak,

when I tried to add more actions setpoint input with property " Return state/Switching direction = DIR" I got the alarm warning like the image attached. Is it right?

Thanks, 
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2447.JPG  

This symbol is a warning that you have created more as one action with identical 'Menu ID' property. If you would now compile the zenon project then in the output window you could find a warning too (as text; probably easier to catch).

Per default new setpoint input action gets Menu ID "ID_CMD_SVALUE_DIR". If you create more as one such action then you have to rename, e.g. add a suffix "ID_CMD_SVALUE_DIR 0.500". Else in the RT, affected actions are not available via context menu.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails renamed_menu_id.png  

The iec850 driver now supports for tap change commands new feature: mapping from BOOL where 0 means "lower" and 1 means "higher". This solution made for version 8.00 is ported to version 7.50 and 7.60 too.

In praxis this means that an iec850 variable */TapChg/Oper.ctlVal[CO], which was created via online/offline import as UDINT (because it is a Bitstring), then can be configured manually to use the data type BOOL. And then the driver takes care that the set value (or command) 0 is send to IED as x40 (lower) and value 1 as x80 (higher).
    So you can use in Command Processing the action type 'switching command' with 0/1 - to step the transformer position lower or higher.

This feature is now supported for any Bitstring command, not only Tcmd.