Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Micom Px4x URCB/BRCB problem

Ausrufezeichen Micom Px4x URCB/BRCB problem

I am trying to integrate a couple of Schneider/Areva Micom relays series 4, protocol 61850 to Zenon 6.51 SP0 build 5 system.
    Connection to the devices is working. Polling mode is ok.
    When I make a URCB available and start the Runtime the driver connects to the RCB and disables pooling of these variables /this is seen in debug mode/.
    There was an "error 11" message, that was corrected by checking the "TrgOps" option in the driver settings. Everything seems ok, but it is not.
    All variables, that have polling disabled are not available to the Runtime!
    When using Numerical value to visualize the boolean variables there is no information, nor when trying to generate a signal from the protections.
    This is the same with BRCB or URCB, with "TrgOps" option checked or not.
    Tests are made with P145 and P645 protections. Settings with Micom S1 Studio.
    RCB's are enabled, checked with IED Scout. The same RCB's, connected to an other client - SPRECON-E controller, are working correctly.
    All suggestions are most welcome.

Default Re: Micom Px4x URCB/BRCB problem

It looks like that the iec850 driver (Client) can enable the Reports but next the Server (relay) does not generate and/or send any - in zenon you don't get value changes.

From your description i suppose that your Server refuses to use for Reports the TrgOps or OptFlds as the iec850 driver sets. And probably the Server has wrong pre-defined TrgOps in SCL-file, else when you deactivate in driver option "Use preconfigured TrgOps" it would work - the Server should generate reports according settings from SCL-file.

Makes sure only one Client enables particular BRCB. Configure the driver to use preconfigured TrgOps. Check in SCL-file the TrgOps of the RCBs - to get value changes the minimum TrgOps is dchg + gi (reports on data change and by general interrogation by communication start).

You can also create in zenon (by online browsing) the variables reflecting attributes of RCB e.g. */TrgOps[BR|RP] (to check what TrgOps the Server has taken), */SqNum[BR|RP] (increases when Server generates a Report), */OptFlds (maybe Server does not accept settings from Client?). They are always polled but available only online.

Let me know what TrgOps and OptFlds the Server is using and if it increases SqNum by value changes, then we will continue.

Hello and thank you for the suggestions.
    It was easier for me to read the TrgOps data from the Server using IEDScout, if it is not enough I will also try via the zenon.
    Attached is a picture with 2 enabled reports, one is buffered and the other is not.
    Both are enabled from the zenon. Both are not displaying.
    This is a sample from the .icd file from the relay:
    ReportControl name="brcbA" desc="System Logical Device Report Control Block" datSet="DS2" rptID="E01F51System/LLN0$BR$brcbA01" confRev="5" buffered="true"
    TrgOps dchg="true" qchg="false" dupd="false" period="true"
    OptFields seqNum="true" timeStamp="true" dataSet="true" reasonCode="true" dataRef="false" entryID="false" configRef="false"
    RptEnabled max="1"
    /ReportControl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Micom RCB.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well done. On screenshot i can see that TrgOps=00000 what means that the relay is probably not able (!) to read this settings from own SCL-file. OptFlds are OK but SqNum=0 means that the relay haven't generated any reports.

In SCL-file (EO1F51.icd) i see that it should theoretically use for all RCBs the same TrgOps=1001 (dchg+period); gi is mostly supported even when not included in SCL.

Please make one more check: deactivate now in the iec850 driver the setting "use preconfigured TrgOps" and restart connection. When the relay still has TrgOps=00000 then it means that it does not accept TrgOps=11111 from iec850 driver. Probably it has problem with dupd bit, as some servers have.

When the relay cannot use TrgOps from own SCL-file and refuses TrgOps=11111 then we have extended the driver to workaround this kind of problems. Up zenon version 6.51 sp0 build 9 there are additional settings in driver configuration to set Trigger Options individually. When you make the update to build 9 (or higher) you can configure TrgOps=dchg+period+gi. Probably with such TrgOps combination the relay will work.
    Last edited by ursulak : 15th May 2012 at 13:18

Hallo
    Tank you for the solution.
    I confirm, that MiCOM series 4 does not support TrgOps "qchg" and "dupd". With setting in IEC61850 driver everything works.
    Thanks.

One additional question arise.
    When we have an activated report everything works. When I disconnect the device/protection from the communication cable and then reconnect the variables are not longer shown and I have to restart the Runtime. Is there a workaround with this?

Probably the connection loss wasn't detected as all currently advised variables were spontaneous (in Reports).

A communication loss can be detected only by periodical polling. (when no Reports come it can be because there was no data change.)

Make sure that at least one variable is always polled. Find a variable which is not included in any Report (probably *LLN0/Mod/stVal[ST] or some with FC=CF, e.g. */ctlModel[CF] are good candidates). Then activate its property Additional settings - DDE active. Or create using Reaction Matrix an alarm or CEL entry when the variable gets status bit INVALID. Variables with DDE active (or with ALM/CEL) are always advised, even when not shown on any screen.

I have an additional variable /Health/stVal that is not in a report and I am monitoring for Communication fault.
    What happened is when i disconnected the Protection and then reconnected the variables in a report remained invalid.
    I activated the setting "Do not purge BRCB buffer at start" and now everything is working as expected. I disconnect, all values get invalid, simulate a short circuit, than connect the cable and receive all values from the BRCB.
    I am a very happy man

Great!

BTW, the thing with "purge buffer" is a little bit more complicated. The iec850 driver sends a buffer purge flag only by start, not during reconnect (when the driver wasn't restarted). This setting in driver configuration influences the driver start (runtime start) and not the reconnection when in the meantime only the connection was lost but the driver was running.

Thus what you see is probably caused by something else as just buffer purge deactivation. To get omitted (buffered in Protection) data the client must send valid EntryID from last received Report before connection loss. When since last purge buffer (driver start), before connection loss, there were no Reports with value changes the client does not have any valid EntryID.Then the Protection will not send omited data - the driver cannot inform the Protection what it wants.
    Maybe fortunately by the try after deactivation of buffer purge the EntryID value stored from previous try was still valid or the Protection sends whole buffer when only gets any value of EntryID.

Hi
    Do you solve this problem : "When we have an activated report everything works. When I disconnect the device/protection from the communication cable and then reconnect the variables are not longer shown and I have to restart the Runtime. Is there a workaround with this?
    Could you share it?

Thanks and regards