Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Web client subprojects error

  1. #1
    Join Date
    29.02.2008
    Posts
    40

    Default Web client subprojects error

    Hello,

    I have started the web client. On the server I heva an integration projects with several subprojects.

    Recently I have changed the name of 1 subproject in the editor.
    I see that this subproject does not transport any files to the web client excapt the project.ini file.

    Therefore I get error on the Web client start (see attached Web_cli_err.PNG)

    How can I correct this problem?

    Thanks and BR,

    Jurij.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Web_cli_err.PNG  

  2. #2

    Default Re: Web client subprojects error

    Hi Jurij,

    You can try and delete all the runtime files on the webclient (from the %temp%zenwebcli directory), and try starting the webclient again.

    Make sure, that the new project name is actually taken over on the server. Just renaming the project and transferring the runtime files to the server is not enough. The webclient may connect to the webserver, then the webserver tries to connect to the server, but does not find a project with that name.

    Did you reload all projects on the server? Or did you restart the runtime on the server?

    Best regards,
    Mark

  3. #3
    Join Date
    29.02.2008
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: Web client subprojects error

    Quote Originally Posted by markclemens View Post
    Hi Jurij,

    You can try and delete all the runtime files on the webclient (from the %temp%zenwebcli directory), and try starting the webclient again.

    Make sure, that the new project name is actually taken over on the server. Just renaming the project and transferring the runtime files to the server is not enough. The webclient may connect to the webserver, then the webserver tries to connect to the server, but does not find a project with that name.

    Did you reload all projects on the server? Or did you restart the runtime on the server?

    Best regards,
    Mark
    Hello Mark,

    I did reload several times - did not help.
    I also restarted runtime - also did not help.

    I shutdown the server PC and started again - problem solved.

    Thanks.

    I have another question regarding Web server client and subprojects.

    The system wwork very slow. If I connect to the Zenon Web server via LAN it takes about 30 s to load all the (sub)projects - I see some blinking of information message ..file alignment in progress. for the subprojects.

    Is there any chanse to make the total connection time faster?

    Another problem is with WAN. We opened the port 1102, but transfer of files over web still does not funktion. It functiones OK if the Web client is on LAN. Is there some other specific mater that should be considered in ROUTER configuration besides the port 1102?

    BR,

    Jurij.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Web client subprojects error

    Quote Originally Posted by jurijcadez View Post
    I have another question regarding Web server client and subprojects.

    The system wwork very slow. If I connect to the Zenon Web server via LAN it takes about 30 s to load all the (sub)projects - I see some blinking of information message ..file alignment in progress. for the subprojects.

    Is there any chanse to make the total connection time faster?
    The first time the webclient gets all the runtime files from the server. These are stored in the %temp% directory. Normally the webclient does not need to get the runtime files again, unless they are changed on the server, or deleted locally.

    So depending on the size of your projects, there may be a delay when the runtime files are deleted or when the runtime files on the server are changed.


    Quote Originally Posted by jurijcadez View Post
    Another problem is with WAN. We opened the port 1102, but transfer of files over web still does not funktion. It functiones OK if the Web client is on LAN. Is there some other specific mater that should be considered in ROUTER configuration besides the port 1102?
    You may want to contact an expert to configure VPN / port forwarding in your router. If you are not yet using zenon 7, you may also want to consider upgrading to make use of the strong network encryption.

    Best regards,
    Mark

  5. #5
    Join Date
    29.02.2008
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: Web client subprojects error

    Hi,

    I tested multiple variants in router configuraion. I have an IT specialist for router configuration, but the Web client works only on LAN. I cannot get it working outside the LAN, though all necessary ports are openned.

    I have checked the Web server user manual and there is mentioned project.html page that neads to be configured, but I can not locate it anywhere.

    Maybe this could be the reason of our problems??


    Best regards!


    Jurij.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Web client subprojects error

    Hi Jurij,

    The project.htm file is the old webclient configuration file. When you use the new sample site, or your own adapted webclient start site, you probably have this configuration in the file "global_vars.js"

    It's probably best in this case, to contact your local COPA-DATA representative for further support.

    Best regards,
    Mark

Similar Threads

  1. Web client VBA
    By jurijcadez in forum VBA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15th May 2012, 14:43
  2. Internet Explorer 8.0 for Web-Client ?
    By lephis in forum Webserver/Webclient
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 3rd June 2011, 06:34
  3. How does Firefox work as a Web-Client Browser?
    By lephis in forum Webserver/Webclient
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24th June 2009, 20:07
  4. Web Client 620 crashes on startup.
    By zw1 in forum Editor and Runtime Setup
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20th April 2009, 14:23
  5. The web client does not open the zenon project...
    By shahrzad in forum Webserver/Webclient
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 8th October 2008, 13:32

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •