Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Real-time performancce of STRATON

Default Real-time performancce of STRATON

While using STRATON runtime over Windows PC, STRATON runtime manager offers 2 settings : 'Windows realtime priority' & 'Hard realtime'

What is diffrence between these two. Does 'hard realtime' work independant of windows?

For example to execute 1000 steps of logic on best of processor available today ( like Pentium Duel core), what diffrence above settings will make in terms of 'Scan time' & 'consistancy / repeatability of scan time'

While using STRATON within zenOn project, how to set 'hard-realtime'

Default Re: Real-time performancce of STRATON

The "hard real-time" option starts the STRATON real-time kernel which runs independent of Windows.
    Scan time will not be reduced dramatically but the constancy and repeatability of scan time will have a jitter of approximately 100Ás.
    Using STRATON within zenOn project (property "start/stop automatically") hard real-time is not available.

I have a project which requires zenOn for visualization & STRATON for control.
    Please advice, How to run STRATON in Hard realtime along with zenOn. the application requires, STRATON to start automatically along with or before zenOn.
    can we create seperate STRATON project in workbench & connect it to zenOn. How to work out licenses required in such case?

Quote Originally Posted by prasadkh View Post
    I have a project which requires zenOn for visualization & STRATON for control.
    Please advice, How to run STRATON in Hard realtime along with zenOn. the application requires, STRATON to start automatically along with or before zenOn.
    In order to run zenOn with STRATON in real-time mode please do so:
    Start the STRATON Runtime Manager and create a STRATON Runtime configuration for hard real-time and set the "Autostart" check box. This will start the real-time STRATON Runtime when you start your Windows PC the next time automatically.
    Please set the STRATON project property "Start type" to "start manually" in your zenOn Editor. You have to take care about the download of PLC code to the STRATON runtime by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by prasadkh View Post
    can we create seperate STRATON project in workbench & connect it to zenOn. How to work out licenses required in such case?
    I guess you mean whether it is possible to use a stand-alone STRATON Workbench and zenOn. Yes this is possible. You need to embed the symbol in the STRATON project and create the variables in zenOn manually (!).

I have zenon project for visualization and I need to show interlocking logic in zenon Logic (straton). Is it possible to open zenon Logic Runtime from zenon Runtime? I click icon in the mnemonic scheme in SCADA and interlocking logic for such disconnector opens in zenon Logic Runtime (zenon logic should open automatically by pressing an icon).
    Is it possible to do so that for each switching device opened its interlocking logic?