Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Zenon 7.0 installing error

Default Zenon 7.0 installing error

Good day!

I have the problem during the installing of Zenon 7.0, which related with SQL Server 2008 R2. In the attachment are screenshot and log-file. How can I resolve the problem?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ??????.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Zenon 7.0 installing error

Hi,

Have you tried installing the latest Microsoft updates, restarting your system, and install zenon 7 again?

If this does not resolve your problem, please contact your local COPA-DATA support for forther assistance.

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi Mark,

Maybe someone has got the same problem with conflicted SQL servers during the installation of new Zenon. And this is the solution:

I have uninstalled old Zenon and SQL Server manually and cleaned up the registry. Also I have deleted the folders C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server and C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition. Then I tried to install SQL Server 2008 R2. And during the installation got the errror message 1608 MsiGetProductInfo, where I saw the GUID. My GUID was AEB9948B-4FF2-47C9-990E-47011492A0FE. So I started regedit, found the folder HKCR\Installer\UpgradeCodes and deleted the root folder with key - reversed first GUID-part. It was B8499BEA.

After this I have successfully installed SQL Server 2008 R2, which needs Zenon 7.0. And then have successfully installed Zenon 7.0.

That`s all!

Hi croc!

Thanks for the feedback

Did you by any chance have an earlier beta version of zenon 7 installed?

For anyone else who attempts this, make sure you create backups of your projects in the previous version, prior to uninstalling the SQL server, in order to be able to restore those in zenon 7.

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi, Mark!

I`ve installed Zenon 7.00 SP0.

Yes, I have backups of all my projects.

Yesterday I tried also much more easier way to solve the problem of conflicted SQL-servers on the another PC with Zenon 6.51. I`ve selected during the separate installation of SQL Server 2008 R2 the option "update the Server 2005 to Server 2008 R2". Then I`ve uninstalled the old Zenon and installed the new successfully.