Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: zenon unable to connect to S7-1200

Default zenon unable to connect to S7-1200

Dear support,

We need to connect zenon with siemens S7-1200 PLC. We already follow the instruction from Mark Clemens but still can't make the connection.

We try to import variables from the driver in zenon but the option for import variables is greyed out.

Could you give us the guideline to establish the connection?

Default Re: zenon unable to connect to S7-1200

Hi,

With the "instructions" you mean you unchecked the option for symbolic addressing? Did you set the correct remote TSAP in the driver configuration?

I take it, that you have chosen the correct driver, S7TCP?

The S7TCP driver does not support online import (browsing) from the PLC, however you can import your Step7 program into zenon!

In project tree for the variables node, right click and choose from extended import / export the option to import a S7 project. The dialogs in the import let you decide what you want to import, and which naming should be used ffor the variables.

In regard to the communication issue, you may want to check the logfiles using the diagnosis viewer, to see if any obvious errors are logged.

Hope this helps,
    Mark

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

We tried to import according to your reply but unfortunately we cannot generate *.s7p file. For your information, we are using TIA Portal software to configure our S7-1200.

Can we create the variables manually in zenon? attached is the result from diagviewer as we try to create the variables manually.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails s7tcp.jpg  

Hi Misbah,

Unfortunately, you cannot import a TIA portal project into zenon yet. Currently only Step7 import is supported.

But you can create your variables manually, or by using a wizard, or from Excel VBA if you e.g. have your variables here, and know how to use the zenon programming interface.

From the screenshot it unfortunately is not very clear what is causing this, only that there is an issue.

Please try and activate full logging through the diagnosis server for both the driver in the runtime, and for the runtime itself, and attach the logfile of the diagnosis server, instead of a screenshot.

There generally are a few things to consider.

- Create the driver in the project
    - setup the connection in the driver to the PLC, use the correct IP-Address, local TSAP and remote TSAP
    - take note of the net address for this connection in the driver configuration
    - create a new variable manually, use the correct driver object type (e.g. data block, or PLC marker)
    - set the correct net address at the variable (matching the connection number)
    - set the correct offset at the variable
    - set the correct data block at the variable (if applicable)

Generally, it is a good idea, to test with a single simple variable first in a small test project. Once that is working, transfer the settings to your actual project.

Feel free also to contact your local COPA-DATA support, if you keep having issues!

Regards,
    Mark

Hi all,

I have integrated using Zenon a S7-1200, configured with TIA Portal V13. Sharing info with you maybe it helps:
    1. Open Tia Portal project, PLC Tags, Show All Tags. Make sure needed variables are Visible and accessible from HMI.
    2. Export list from TIA Portal, in Excel Format.
    3. As markclemens recomended create a project in zenon and test 1,2 variables. Recomandationd: Use S7TCP32 driver, change IP as in TIA Portal, Local TSAP 01.00, remoteTSAP 02.01
    4. Export variable from Zenon, I use cvs.
    5. Open both exports from TIA Portal and zenon using Excel. Now it's just a copy/paste game
    6. Import csv in zenon.
    I recommend creating and exporting from zenon multiple formats of variables, so it would make it easier to know what data to fill in.

Enjoy!

Regards,
    Calin

Good Afternoon,

I have myself problems with the communication S7-1200 - Zenon.

While I think I have the zenon settings correct,I assume you have to use the TSEND_C and TRCV_C blocks in the S7-1200 program or the S7-TCP driver in zenon takes care of everything?

Thank you for your help.

Hi friend ,

Do we need any communication processor / CP Card in PC to communicate our zenon 6.22 scada with Siemens S7 1200 / S7 300 PN CPU ? Or simple direct Ethernet connection will work.

THANKS
    Manku

Quote Originally Posted by jmmorin View Post
    Good Afternoon,

I have myself problems with the communication S7-1200 - Zenon.

While I think I have the zenon settings correct,I assume you have to use the TSEND_C and TRCV_C blocks in the S7-1200 program or the S7-TCP driver in zenon takes care of everything?

Thank you for your help.