Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Problem with new projects

Default Problem with new projects

Hi, after the installation of zenOn 6.21 SP 1 I can not create new projects. zenOn editor seems to do something but at the end the workspace is empty. Within the installation process I let all the settings as default.
    On my system I have previously installed also version 6.20 SP 4 which is working correctly.

Also when I try to open the demo projects, there appears following error: Database cannot be opened! (DEMO_GLOBAL)...

Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Problem with new projects

Hello,

there seems to be a problem with the database connection!
    Please check if the named instance ZENON_DEV is up and running, you can do this with the SQL Server Service Manager (Icon in the task bar) !

Second, create a *.udl file, start it and try to connect to the ZENON_DEV instance with the "SQL Native Client" and the information out of the zendb.ini ( %allusersprofile%\COPA-DATA\System\zendb.ini )!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot044.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	36
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot045.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	37

Do you get a connection?

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

In the SQL Server Service Manager the SQL Server and the DTC Coordinator are running. When I select the SQL Server Agent, the 'Service is not installed' dialog appears. Could be the problem in this?

In the second step I am able to get the connection, anyway I had to use the MS OLE DB Provider for SQL Server because in my list there is not the Native Client. But the connection is successful.

Hello,

please give me the whole content of your zendb.ini!

[CONFIG]
    SQLSERVICE_SQL2005=SQL Server (ZENON_DEV)
    PROVIDER_SQL2005=Provider=SQLNCLI.1;Password=srv_6 01;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=zenOnSrv;Initial Catalog=%s;Data Source=localhost\ZENON_DEV;

[PATH]

DB60_SQL2005=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Data aplikací\COPA-DATA\SQL\

Please check within "Add/Remove Programms" if the SQL Server 2005 Native Client has not been installed!

So there are two possibilities, either you install the SQL Native Client or we communicate with the OLEDB Provider!

Communication through OLEDB Provider:
    Try to replace, within the zendb.ini, the part "PROVIDER_SQL2005=Provider=SQLNCLI.1;...." in the Provider String with this part "PROVIDER_SQL2005=Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;..."

Please send the installation Log Files to the Copa-Data Support departement support@copadata.at
    You can find the logfiles compressed under %TEMP%\SCADA_Setup_ED_LOG.zip
    We will analyse why the SQL Native Client is not installed!

Hello,
    the communication over OLE DB works fine with new projects. But I am still not able to open the demo projects over this setting. Does it mean that the projects are anyhow dependent on the connection type?

Thank you for your help.

The projects does not depend on the connection type!

If you try to insert an existing project into your workspace, are the demo projects listed in the appearing selection dialog?

Did you install the demos with 6.21 SP1?
    You can easily import a workspace backup of the demo project!
    This workspace backup can be found on the DVD under \setup\DEMOS\RT !

Please be aware that your 6.20 SP4 installation and the 6.21 SPx installation are using different database instances!
    In case of both zenOn versions installed on your PC you have two database instances, ( ZENON and ZENON_DEV)!
    Use the zenOnStartup Tool to switch between the different zenOn versions.

ATTENTION:
    Please always use the zenOnStartup Tool from the latest version installed, in your case 6.21 SP1!
    Because older versions of the zenOnStartup Tool does not know anything about the newer versions!

The Demos are installed.
    If I try to insert an existing project into my workspace, demo projects are not listed in the dialog. Of course, I do use the zenOnStartup Tool from the version 6.21 SP1. I also have two DB instances as described in your reply.

If I try to open the demos directly from zenOnStartup Tool I get this information in the output window.

Database cannot be opened!(DEMO_GLOBAL)
    Database cannot be opened!(MAIN)
    Database cannot be opened!(HMI_TERMINAL)

If I try to restore the workspace backup following dialog appears:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails restore_bckp.JPG  

Running the installation without a connection to the database will only copy the project files to the filesystem but the projects are not attached to the database.

To resolve this behavior
    a. delete the following directories:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Data aplikací\COPA-DATA\SQL\65d9adfd-d32d-4dfd-8700-68afb3d8c4ec
    ...69cfac00-6674-48fe-b115-7fc916eec69f
    ...71275b44-71f0-433e-9047-a293e1fb4da2
    ...9823d535-4314-49c1-a4a6-0f5f036b4d95
    ...9c528de8-a8d7-445e-9f14-99633ac40240
    ...c456ed3a-7c71-4168-9517-120487bace15
    ...e9b8396b-6183-43d6-b24c-cd7d3c1fd988
    ...f310dcaa-1eef-4164-ad14-0f5bdba76008
    ...fc35cd8b-64c4-4637-9c28-434484f59917
    b. Start the Editor and restore the DEMO workspace backup from the zenOn DVD (DVD-drive\setup\DEMOS\RT\DEMO621_1.wsb)