Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: STRATON controling Modbus TCP slave bus controller with IO's

barszcz Gast

Default STRATON controling Modbus TCP slave bus controller with IO's

Hello,

I have the problem with implementation of Modbus TCP communication.

General:
    1. STRATON system has to controm Modbus TCP slave from B&R which consists of Madbus TCP slave bus controller and some IO's
    2. it is generated XML file with slave configuration - Modbus TCP Toolbox from B&R working on Windows has possibility to connect to slave station
    3. My problem is to define right configuration of communication between ZENON and our Modbus TCP slave.

Questions:
    1. Is it possible to import ready made XML configuration on slave file to ZENON?
    2. Is any documentation where we can find all possible ways to prepare correct configuration of communication between ZENON and Modbus TCP slave?

Thank you very much for fast support in advance.

All the best,
    Jacek Barszcz

barszcz Gast

Default Re: STRATON controling Modbus TCP slave bus controller with IO's

Hello,

I've solved the problem.

Best regards,
    Jacek Barszcz

Hello,

I also want to configure a modbus tcp with zenon. How do i do it? How did you solve that problem?

Thanks

Hi Annick,

Welcome to the forum

You need to add a driver first to your zenon project. From the driver selection list, in the category "Modbus" choose the "Modbus RTU" driver.

This driver supports Modbus RTU over serial, Modbus TCP, Modbus ASCII, and also an even more rare Modbus RTU over TCP.

Once the driver is added to your project, choose "TCP" for the communication, and create a new connection in the driver. Enter the IP Address of the Modbus slave, and the port number (usually 502), and use the modbus slave number as the net address.

Once this is done, you can start creating your variables in zenon. Start with e.g. a holding register or an Input, put this on an element in a screen, and check if the communication is working by starting the runtime. Make sure that you use the same net address at the variable as you used in the driver configuration for the connection (modbus slave address). For the offset of the holding register, start with "0" or "1" (rather than 400001 which often is the internal memory address of the modbus slave)

Also, just have a look at the driver documentation!

Best regards,
    Mark