Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Reset Flashing

Default Reset Flashing

I am using combi element for alarms
    When value of variable is 0, color is green without flashing
    When value of variable is 1, color is red with flashing. I extracted variable from relay.
    I make one button on screen name reset .I need to know that how I program this reset button when I press it all red flashing combi element is stop flashing and color of element is become red without flashing. Please guide me step by step

Thanks

Default Re: Reset Flashing

there is a very similar thread located here, I assume this is the same topic:

resetting flashing of elements

There are different kinds of flashing in zenon.

One is the explicit flashing of e.g. a symbol, defined on a condition at the combi-element. This flashing can be true for one or more conditions.

When you want to differentiate between "value 1" and "flashing" and "value 1" and "not flashing", you need to introduce another factor which differentiates these two conditions, that can be used in the combi-element to achieve two seperate conditions.

One idea is to use one of the user status bits, that can be set and reset for a variable. e.g. user status bit M_3:

E.g. "value 1" AND "M_3=1" means red and flashing, "value 1" AND "M_3=0" means red not flashing.

Please have a look at the online help on status processing, on how to set and reset a user status bit for one or more variables.

Another kind of flashing in zenon, is the flashing attribute of a variable that can be defined at a limit or in the reaction matrix.

When e.g. a boolean variable has a limit2 (Maximum 1) where the flashing attribute is set, the limit is violated when the variable value is 1 and the flashing attribute for the variable is set.

This flashing is shown e.g. in an element where this variable is used. Also the combi-element can utilize the flashing attribute of the variable.

This flashing attribute of the variable can be acknowledged at the element, by a right double click. When this limit2 is also an alarm, you have further options to e.g. acknowledge the alarm and stop flashing, or the other way around to acknowledge the flashing, but also acknowledge the alarm.

Also there is a function to acknowledge flashing depending on an alarm filter (e.g. flash acknowledge all warnings)

thanks for quick reply
    i try it with your first idea i use state bit . can you please guide me how to set and reset state bit . i read online help but it is not clearly define.

User status bits can be set via the RGM (Recipe Group Manager), Report Generator and VBA.

The syntax with all these options is similar. Use "M_1=1" to set the user status "M_1" and "M_1=0" to reset the user status "M_1"

With RGM you have to change the action type from "modify spontaneous value" to "user status"

In VBA you can write the ".StatusString" property of the variable.

i try with your given idea but its not working . plesse guide me other option with function: alarm ackn. flashing .

What exactly is not working with the first suggestion?

Could you please be more specific about what you want to know about acknowledge alarms? Did you check the online help?

Quote Originally Posted by tanveerali View Post
    i try with your given idea but its not working . plesse guide me other option with function: alarm ackn. flashing .
    how this function (function: alarm ackn. flashing ) work, its not working with me

Quote Originally Posted by markclemens View Post
    User status bits can be set via the RGM (Recipe Group Manager), Report Generator and VBA.

The syntax with all these options is similar. Use "M_1=1" to set the user status "M_1" and "M_1=0" to reset the user status "M_1"

With RGM you have to change the action type from "modify spontaneous value" to "user status"

In VBA you can write the ".StatusString" property of the variable.
    Mark, I have tried to set the User Status Bit 1 to '1' by using the syntax 'M_1=1' in the recipe of Recipe Group Manager. Then by using a function 'Execute RGM' I am trying but the user status bit is not changing its value. Kindly elaborate that when I choose 'User Status' in the Recipe of RGM, then the field next to it with the name 'value or variable name', i want to set the M1 to '1', what exactly should I write there?
    M_1 =1 or "M_1=1"

Either way I have tried and performed a condition test on a combined element having a variable linked (whose user status bit i am changing), but really, no success up till now

in zenon 6.50 and 6.51 it should be M1=1

in versions 6.22 and lower it should be ST_M1=1

you need to choose the action type "user status".

Don't forget to uncheck the option to compile the RGM in the "RT Changeable data" options in the general project properties.

please note, that user status are not available with the internal driver!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot021.png
Views:	20
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	586