Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Structure varible using OPC Client V2-0

Default Structure varible using OPC Client V2-0

I have created a structured data type. I am using the Kepware server in demo mode.
    Downloaded today current version. Zenon will allow me to use this driver for a new tag of structured type. My question is what do I put in for the offset? The PLC memory address does not work. I am able to read tags imported from this driver.

Default Re: Structure varible using OPC Client V2-0

OPC communication is name based, not offset based. By default, the OPC Client driver uses the variable name as the communication key for the OPC server. In the OPC server tags using this name need to be available.

When browsing tags from the OPC server, variables are automatically assigned the correct name.

There is however an alternative, using an allocation file. This allows you to use any name in zenon, for example combined names with structure variables. Each variable has a unique offset. For each offset there is a corresponding entry in the allocation file that lists the correct OPC tag name.

The allocation file can be generated automatically by browsing the OPC server, but can also be edited manually with e.g. notepad.

Have a look at the driver documentation for more information