Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Simulate variable values

Ausrufezeichen Simulate variable values

I've imported the simulator driver into my project, made a variable for it, how can I make the variable change its value automaticaly in runtime (just need to go up or down to some value)?

In the simulator driver properties the only mode I can see is hardware and that drop list is inactive so I can select simulation counter....

Default Re: Simulate variable values

I've somehow managed to create a variable that changes its value, it started working after I set the offset to a number above 20, but now the value goes from 0 to 50 with a step of 10,then back to 0, how can I change this? I need a variable that would go i.e. from 0 to 100 with a step of 1!

ok, I resolved this problem by changing the zenon6.ini file, but is there any other way to set these limits within the editor?

What to I need to do to have a variable go i.e from 0 to 30 then stay idle for a period of time then raise to 50 then oscillate by 3 for some time and go to 10?

Hi,

Check out the driver documentation for the simulator driver.

Here you can find the description of the control variables, with the offset 0, 1, 2 and 3, which control the mode, upper limit, lower limit and step width respectively.

The simulator driver is a simple counting driver. Setting the mode value to "0" stops the simulation, setting the mode to "1" starts counting up, "2" counts down, and 3 counts up to the upper limit and counts back down to the lower limit. By setting the value "1" in the step width, it counts 1 up or down each step.

The step frequency itself is controlled by the update time in the driver configuration (by default 1000 ms)

For more sophisticated simulation, you can use the programmed driver simulation (from zenon 6.50) for any hardware driver you have licensed, or you can use a small straton project with the straton driver for simulation purposes.