Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Alarm delay using Limits not working correctly

joulz Gast

Default Alarm delay using Limits not working correctly

We are using 6.22 SP1 build 5 editor software and we are using limits to delay alarms of disconnector/circuitbreaker positions in the alarm list.

The problem what we have is dat any time delay bigger than 0 will not result in a delay of the set value. In any case the alarm is presented after exactly 1,5 minutes.

We have observed with the status display that the signal is directly received but de the delay what was set will not be executed. Instead a misterious time of 1,5 minutes is used

Please help

Thanks in advance

Joulz

Default Re: Alarm delay using Limits not working correctly

What driver, what type of variable and what dalay value are you using?

joulz Gast

Quote Originally Posted by ursulap View Post
    What driver, what type of variable and what dalay value are you using?
    We are using driver IEC61850, type UDINT (driver object type PLC marker). The delay is set to 15.

What Data Attribute is it? Do you receive it by Report or polling? Is it comming with 't' attribute from the Server or with local timestamp (see e.g. in CEL for status bit "realtime external" or "realtime internal").

joulz Gast

What Data Attribute is it? Do you receive it by Report or polling? Is it comming with 't' attribute from the Server or with local timestamp (see e.g. in CEL for status bit "realtime external" or "realtime internal").
    We are communicating with Siemens IEDīs based on reporting and using the timestamp from the IED (Siemens)
    How can we check all the settings you ask for. We are not so deep into this material.

Thanks,

The Data Attribute: just tell me the variable name.
    The "realtime extern/intern": look in the Runtime in the Alarm List in the Column "Status" - if you have there "RT_E" or "RT_I".

I'm putting these questions because the simplest explanation is that the clock in your IED is not synchronized with the clock in your PC. I suppose the clocks differ about 1,5 minutes (minus 15 seconds). When you see that your variable has timestamp with status bit "realtime extern" - it has timestamp from IED. The delay is added to the timestamp of the variable, not to the time the driver has received new value.

joulz Gast

The Data Attribute: just tell me the variable name.
    The "realtime extern/intern": look in the Runtime in the Alarm List in the Column "Status" - if you have there "RT_E" or "RT_I".
    It is RT_E in the alarm list. The settting of summer/wintertime was is not correct. At the moment we are correcting this. Do you think this could be the course of the problem?

summer/winter time? - NOT if it is 1,5 minutes. Have you read my previous post - about not synchronized clocks?

joulz Gast

summer/winter time? - NOT if it is 1,5 minutes. Have you read my previous post - about not synchronized clocks?
    Sorry, didnīt refreshed me screen so i missed your previous post. The clocks are synchronised by NTP. This mechanism works wel and the clock of the PC and the IEDīs are synchronised (accept the summer/wintertime setting).