Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Time synchronization in reverse direction

michael_k Gast

Default Time synchronization in reverse direction

hi,

Can I synchronize pc time by zenon with IEC-101/104 slave in reverse direction?
    If answer is yes,
    Is it applicable for any IEC-101/104 device types?
    What is its requirements in OS and zenon?

Default Re: Time synchronization in reverse direction

Yes, the zenon iec870 driver supports clock synchronization also in reverse direction.

You can configure the max. time difference for clock synchronization in the driver configuration, in the basic settings tab. If this setting is not available in your driver, you may have to update to the latest version of zenon.

There are no special requirements for clock synchronization to the OS. Also when the zenon runtime is started with a normal user, it is able to set the system time.

Mark has fully right but he describes it for Master - the iec870 driver. And the question is set in the way that i'm not sure if it is not about the iec870 Slave in zenon - the Process Gateway. The Process Gateway supports Time synchronization only in standard direction (Master can synchronize the Slave). The zenon Process Gateway as IEC870Slave accepts time synchronization command only if you configure there an IO with T103 and link it with zenon (internal) variable = TRUE. And only if zenon Process Gateway is running having administration rights on the PC. Similar IEC60870 Slave in STRATON/Logic - it also needs Admin rights to update PC clock.

What version of zenon are you using? It should be documented.
    Last edited by ursulak : 28th January 2016 at 11:07

michael_k Gast

The version is 6.22 SP0 and I used from IEC60870 slave driver but I am not clear about device type.

Which function I should check in device for above functionality? Or all devices are compatible with it.

Actually it is still not clear for me if you are using in zenon the iec870 Driver (Master) or the iec870 Process Gateway (Slave)...

The IEC60870 Standard defines that each device, Master or Slave, should have documented "Interoperability List" according fix template given in the Standard.

To find out if a device is supporting time synchronization (and in which direction) look in the Interoperability List of the device in the table with "System information in control direction" on row with "103 - Clock synchronization command" - C_CS_NA_1. If it is marked with "X" - the device supports it in direction from Master to Slave, "B" - also in reverse direction, empty - not supported.

The support of ASDU 103 is not mandatory, only optional (but recomended).