Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Problem of VBA environments: in conflict with MS-Office?

Default Problem of VBA environments: in conflict with MS-Office?

I encounter a problem after re-install my PC: the zenon editor (6.22 SP1) can’t start correctly after the installation of MS-Office..

1. I re-install my PC by using a Windows XP SP3;
    2. Everything is OK when the installation of ZenOn 6.22 SP1, the editor works well;
    3. After installation of MS-Office (either Office2007 or 2003), the editor is in trouble…

a. At first, it shows me a pop-up window:

Microsoft Visual Basic
    License information for this component not found. You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment.

b. If I click “OK”, the editor will be started. But at the same time, one line of Visual Basic is highlighted automatically:

Private Sub ZenWorkspace_OnElementCreated(ByVal obElement As Element)

c. With the appaierence of an error message pop-up window:

Microsoft Visual Basic
    Compile Error:
    ActiveX component can’t create object

d. If I click “OK”, I will be blocked by a pop-up window without termination:

Microsoft Visual Basic
    License information for this component not found. You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment.

So, How do you think about it? How can I resolve this problem?

Default Re: Problem of VBA environments: in conflict with MS-Office?

As a short-term resolution, you can try and disable VBA / VSTA for zenon (editor & runtime) when you don't use VBA. You can do this by setting / creating the entry:
    [VBA]
    EIN=0

in the file "zenon6.ini" (in the %CD_SYSTEM% directory). You can edit the file with notepad.

If you do need VBA / VSTA, you can try reinstalling VBA for zenon. Close everything zenon related and Microsoft Office related, and from the zenon DVD in the directory "\Additional_Software\VBA 6.3a" call the setup "VBA63a.EXE".

If this does not work, try uninstalling office, uninstalling zenon, then install office and install zenon after that.