Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Read data from backup folder

Default Read data from backup folder

Hello!

Could you write an example on C# how to read archive data from backup folder i.e. \\project\Backup, using the "Read data from backup folder " see the screenshot. I tried to find in V460 HELP, but unfortunately could not.

Archived data from the project folder are read fine ...
    I use ZenOn 6.50 SP0 Build5 versioned.

Best regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.PNG  

Default Re: Read data from backup folder

Configuring the trend function is, apart from the checkbox, not different than normal trend functions.

When the checkbox is active, the Extended Trend Module reads the archived data from a different, predefined, directory. The directory for the backup path is configured globally for the project in the editor in the project properties.

It is not possible to change the path at the function (there is only the checkbox). Another thing you need to do, is move or copy the archive files into the backup directory. This can be done manually, or using e.g. a file operation function that is triggered by time control.

The idea behind the backup folder is that you can backup your archive files, and at some point will be deleted (keep files). If you need to analyze data from a specific period that has already been deleted, you can restore the files from your backup medium (tape, dvd, cd, external HDD, etc) into the predefined backup directory, set the checkbox at the function, and then read the restored archive files from this directory, instead of the standard directory.

Hello
    We are using the energy edition of Zenon. In our implementation the functionality to read and display archive data is very important. The standard screen type “Archive” doesn’t fully provide functionality for us. For example, the obligatory condition our customers to have the columns with the identification of variables in print copy and export file the list of variables from archive.
    So we have developed a special form for reading archives using VSTA. Now the main problem is reading archive data from backup folder.

Is it possible to add in zenon.dll a new function for this application?
    zenon.ArchiveFilterVariables.QueryFromBackup() - for example.

May you to do this function in new build or new version of Zenon?

With best regards.

Hi,I've created the backup folder in my project folder, and moved the archived data (txt files) into it, I've checked the read data from backup folder, in etm but no data is shown?!

Quote Originally Posted by bojan View Post
    Hi,I've created the backup folder in my project folder, and moved the archived data (txt files) into it, I've checked the read data from backup folder, in etm but no data is shown?!
    Ok, solved, the thing is that I moved files from ExportArv which were txt to my backup folder, but what I should have done is to move the files from pcusername\project name folder which should be saved as .arx and then the function read data from backup works fine!!!

good to hear that you've solved it yourself

.arx is the native archive file format. Only these files are read from the backup folder.