Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Error in creating project backup

Default Error in creating project backup

When I create backup for project in the Projects Backups, it take more time then error occurs according attached screen shot. Error text is “Error creating the project backup Timeout” .

There is two notes for above problem:

1. there is no description for it in Output window.
    2. When closing the Editor or closing or switching the workspace that has project with change, “creating runtime file” window dose not appear.

What is your comment for me?

My zenon is 6.50 SP0 build 2.

thanks

Default Re: Error in creating project backup

please check the logfiles from the diagnosis server, by using the diagnosis viewer. This should contain more detailed information as to why the project backup could not be created.

Is this with every project, or only with selected projects?

Maybe the disk is full? Maybe the specified target file is in use somewhere and cannot be overwritten?

Perhaps an anti-virus software is blocking access to certain files / directories?

Hi Mark

I attached its logfile, could you please check it?
    The problem is for every project in Editor ver. 6.50 but there is no problem in 6.22 sp1. I have both versions in same time in laptop.
    Disk is not full and I disable anti-virus software but the problem remains.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error creating.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by roberto1978 : 15th November 2010 at 07:22

please check your post. The attachment is not included. After you have uploaded it at the post, you need to add it somewhere in your text, (select the paperclip icon again, and choose the attachment) in order for me to see it.

Ok, thank you. I can see the logfile now.

Please make sure, that you use the zenon startup tool, to switch between versions.

I can see that the zenon editor is 6.50, while the zendbsrv is zenon 6.22. When you use the zenon startup tool to switch between two zenon versions on the same PC, this should take care that the correct zendbsrv.exe is registered with the correct zenon version.

Thank you for your co-operation in this matter and also nice forum.
    Could you explain me how you found out it? which column in diagnosis viewer?

Also I have another question about difference version between Editor and Runtime.
    My Runtime version in is 6.22 SP1 and now I want to use from Editor version 6.50. in first step I converted the project from 6.22 to 6.50 then changed “Create RT file for “ from default to 6.22 SP1.
    Is this right way for have Editor with version high than Runtime?

This information is available in the diagnosis viewer in the columns "Main version no.", "Sub version no.", "Servicepack" and "Build no."

When you open your saved file, (logged online) you can see these columns. When you right click on the column header, you can select "add all columns with entry".

Normally before you convert your project, you have the opportunity to read back changed runtime data into the editor. For example users that have changed their passwords, or users that have been created in the runtime. Or recipes that have been changed in the runtime.

After that you can open the project(s) in the editor in the new version, answer yes to convert the projects, and if your runtime stays the same, set the option to compile for an older version. e.g. 6.22 SP1.

You can find more information in the online help, in the chapter "converting projects"