Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How to reference zenrt32.tbl in VS?

jens1199 Gast

Default How to reference zenrt32.tbl in VS?

Hi,
    I'd like to use the zenOn COM interface in Visual Studio. How can I reference the library zenrt32.tbl? Is zenone32.tlb necessary as well?

I yet tried it but I got a fault message that the file cannot be accessed or it isn't a valid COM component.

Currently zenOn is not installed on the engineering computer. May this is the problem?

I assume that COM interface changes by new zenOn versions. How does Copa-Data handle this. Is always using the latest zenrt32.tbl the right way and is it then backward compatible?

Cheers,
    Jens

Default Re: How to reference zenrt32.tbl in VS?

Hi Jens,

When you talk about adding a reference, I assume you are creating a .NET application in Visual Studio. You can add the reference to the project, using "browse" and selecting the zenrt32.tlb. When zenon is installed, the zenrt32.tlb is automatically registered. If you only copy the file from a PC where zenon was installed, you may have to register the file, using regtlb.exe.

Yes, the zenon COM interface is enhanced with each version or service pack and it is adviseable to use the zenrt32.tlb from the zenon version you are developing an application for.

Normally, applications that have imported the zenrt32.tlb are compatible, and can be used with older and newer zenon versions. Any changes to the COM-Interface that may influence compatibility are documented in the release notes for each zenon version and service pack.

There are samples in VB.NET and C#, on how to correctly use COM.Interop with zenon. Please contact your local support to receive these examples.

Cheers,
    Mark

jens1199 Gast

Hi Mark,
    you assume right, I want to create a .NET application in VS. I already asked for examples at our local support but they told me that they do only have some for VBA.
    I would appreciate if you could send me some.

ZenOn 6.21
    ZenOn 6.50

C# or VB.NET I don't care.

Hi Jens,

Your local COPA-DATA support should be able to provide you with a .NET sample, both in VB.NET and C#, on request.

Do you have a ticket ID from your COPA-DATA support inquiry, I could take a look at?

The zenon COM-Interface is do use as every other COM-Interface. If you want to use a COM-Interface (unmanaged code) in VS ( .NET is managed code) you have to take a look on the Microsoft MSDN Homepage.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=VS.85%29.aspx

This page explan how to interoperate with unmanged Code in VS.

Quote Originally Posted by jens1199 View Post
    Hi,
    I'd like to use the zenOn COM interface in Visual Studio. How can I reference the library zenrt32.tbl? Is zenone32.tlb necessary as well?

I yet tried it but I got a fault message that the file cannot be accessed or it isn't a valid COM component.

Currently zenOn is not installed on the engineering computer. May this is the problem?

I assume that COM interface changes by new zenOn versions. How does Copa-Data handle this. Is always using the latest zenrt32.tbl the right way and is it then backward compatible?

Cheers,
    Jens

You must only select the "Reference"node in the Solution-Explorer of the VS.

Open the contex menue and click on "Add References"

Next click on the Tab "COM" and select the COM-Reference "zenOn-RT Objektbibliothek"

Now you get in a correct way the reference of the zenon COM components and the RCW of the .NET will manage the interopteration between .NET and COM.

This only works if you have installed zenon and the zenon COM is correct registered on the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by jens1199 View Post
    Off course zenOn must installed! Without zenon Installation you can't get the zenon COM Objects. zenrt32.tbl is only the COM-Interface!!!

We install for every zenon version a zenrt32.tbl. If you have installed more than one zenon version on your pc. it will allways registered the right zenrt32.tbl to the current registered zenon Version.