Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Alarm list problem

yazanrabe Gast

Default Alarm list problem

Hello,

I configured some of digital inputs which i am getting from relay via IEC61850 communication driver as alarms, but the problem that its not showing these alarms in the alarm list, and i just see it as a red bar in the top of screen.

What i should do to see these alarms in alarm list?

Regards

Default Re: Alarm list problem

try and set the time filter with which you open the alarm screen, to show everything. With the iec850 driver, the PLC provides the timestamp for the alarms and this way, if the time in the PLC is not correct, it can happen that your alarms are not shown in the current time filter (e.g. show only alarms from the past hour)

yazanrabe Gast

Thanks for the replay,

Relays are synchronized with scada server using GPS clock. Attached the current settings for the alarm page, can you give me some pointers and particular time filter settings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails alarm-setting1.bmp   alarm-setting2.bmp  

try in the first column instead of relative, "set time at filter type" and at the second column "no time filter"

Hello,

I propose to set the filter in the zenon Runtime in a way you are able to see your alarms. This will give you an idea what time filter to set afterwards.

1. I assume not Text Filter is set???
    2. Change the Time Filter from relative time to ALL!
    3. Try to show entries from file instead of Memory.

As I say you can do this all in the runtime where you get exactly the same filter dialog then in the zenon Editor. Preassumed you show the "Filter.." Button within the MDI window for Alarms, see screenshot.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot014.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	446

yazanrabe Gast

Thanks for your support..

I will try it, but i have one question, why when i create internal variable and cofigure it as an alarms i can see it in the alarm list?

Regards

Variables from the internal driver do not have external timestamping. The moment the variable changes on the PC, the variable receives the current timestamp of the PC.

My guess is still, that either something is wrong with your time-synchronization, or that despite the time synchronization your hardware device has a different time.

Perhaps, in the hardware device an incorrect time-zone has been configured? Note, that the GPS signal does not provide a local time for your location, but zulu time. You need to tell the devices using the time synchronization signal, in which timezone they are. If there is a difference between the timezone for the PC and the device, your alarms may not be visible with your current filter.

Quote Originally Posted by markclemens View Post
    Variables from the internal driver do not have external timestamping. The moment the variable changes on the PC, the variable receives the current timestamp of the PC.

My guess is still, that either something is wrong with your time-synchronization, or that despite the time synchronization your hardware device has a different time.

Perhaps, in the hardware device an incorrect time-zone has been configured? Note, that the GPS signal does not provide a local time for your location, but zulu time. You need to tell the devices using the time synchronization signal, in which timezone they are. If there is a difference between the timezone for the PC and the device, your alarms may not be visible with your current filter.
    Hi Mark!

I just finished the simulation regarding the said subject of different time zone of Scada server and device for alarms.I am communicating to ION7650 meter thru DNP OVER TCP with Zenon Scada software.I changed the time zone of the ION7650 different with Scada PC TIME. And configured one status variable from ION7650 device as alarm,Even with different time zone the alarm shows in the alarm page and alarm bar. I even applied the filter settings that Yazan gave still i am seeing the alarms
    without problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hoscillada View Post
    Hi Mark!

I just finished the simulation regarding the said subject of different time zone of Scada server and device for alarms.I am communicating to ION7650 meter thru DNP OVER TCP with Zenon Scada software.I changed the time zone of the ION7650 different with Scada PC TIME. And configured one status variable from ION7650 device as alarm,Even with different time zone the alarm shows in the alarm page and alarm bar. I even applied the filter settings that Yazan gave still i am seeing the alarms
    without problem.
    Do I understand correctly, that you don't have this problem with DNP3? There is no feedback from the OP yazanrabe if changing the time filter settings makes his alarm show up in the alarm list as well. If he can see his alarms, he should also be able to see the date and time from the PLC in the the "alarm comes" column

Lächeln Re: Alarm list problem

yes..im not having problem with DNP regarding different time zone for the alarms..