Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Zenon CE detailed installation instructions

rjclayton Gast

Default Zenon CE detailed installation instructions

Can someone tell me where I can get detailed installation instructions from. The ones on the CD tell you how to get the software onto the PDA, but then nothing else.

No instructions on where you insert serial number etc. The software on the PDA will only go into Demo mode, and cannot find a project.

Help please

Default Re: Zenon CE detailed installation instructions

Depending on the zenon version you've loaded, you can either enter the serial number directly on the PDA, or use remote transport to enter the serial number and activation key.

You normally would also use remote transport to tranfser the project to the PDA and define the start project.

You need to have a tcp/ip connection to your PDA, in order to use remote transport.

Have you tried searching this forum? There is a link to a video showing the basic steps here:

http://www.copadata.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22

you can also look at the CE tutorials and CE online help. The principle with Windows CE devices and PDA's is the same.

Hi, I'm using a Zenon 6.51 demo, I need to create a project for a VIPA Touch panel, I imported a Driver for VIPA CE touch panel and set the project as a WinCE project, and created a simple screen.

The question is how do I transfer the runtime files to my touch panel?
    The panel has a valid 256tag licence.

Basically I need detailed instructions on how to correctly setup zenon editor and transfer the project to the panel...

Hi,

Have a look at the online help, and look for "remote transport".

With this feature, you can connect from the zenon editor to your Windows CE panel, then transfer your project, set the start project (you only need to set the start project once) and then you can start the zenon runtime, also remotely from the zenon editor!

These steps assume, that on the VIPA panel, zenon is available, and the transport service (syssrvce.exe) is running, and you have an ethernet connection between the panel and your editor PC.

Regards,
    Mark

Hi, thank you, when trying to connect via tcp/ip, editor is asking for a password? I haven't set any, is there a default password, leaving the field empty does nothing.

Hi,

You can setup a password for the remote transport connection, for each device on a per-project basis.

Before attempting to connect, this password dialog is shown, also when you have not defined a password. Simply clicking OK should attempt to connect to your Windows CE device.

If nothing happens, please make sure you have entered either the IP-Address or the device name of the CE panel, in the remote transport settings, and that name resolution is working when using the device name.

Also make sure, that you are running the transport service on the panel. If your panel has multiple network interfaces, please also check that the network cable is connected to the correct interface, that you used to check or setup the IP-address of the device.

Regards,
    Mark

Thank you markclemens,

I got it to work!