Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: read-back user administration data by Transport

Default read-back user administration data by Transport

hi
    I need to read-back off runtime files before Remote Transport because some User Administration has been changed during runtime operations.
    I select “Read all Runtime files” after establishing Remote Transport connection, but user administration data in runtime dose not replace in my editor.
    If I select “Import Runtime files”, it will replace runtime directory data in my laptop to editor.

My zenon is 6.22sp1 .
    Please help me in this cace.

thanks

Default Re: read-back user administration data by Transport

Hi,

this behaviour is correct, you need this 2 steps if you want to import data from remote.

Remote read back runtime files reads replaces your local runtime files with the remote runtime files

Import runtime files replaces the editor files with the local runtime files.

I do not really understand your problem.

Regards,
    Bernhard

Check out also the settings at "RT changeable data" - if the checkbox in the second column "Do not decompile" at the module "User adminsitration" is enabled no such data will we imported to the editor.

Regards,
    Herbert

Thanks your reply

The “RT changeable data” checkbox is disable.
    If I change passwords for some users or create new user in remote runtime then read-back them by select “Read all Runtime files” in the local editor, I will not see them in the editor.

Actually the User in the editor dose not change and I could not read-back User Administration data to the local editor from remote runtime.

Is this way correct for read-back remote runtime files?
    What do you think about my problem?

the dialog "rt changeable data" has two columns.

The left column is to prevent the editor from overwriting any changes which are made in the runtime. If for the user administration the checkbox in the left column is active, a user can be created in the runtime, and the editor will not overwrite this user when compiling / transporting runtime files.

The right column is to prevent editor data being overwritten by rt configuration. If for the user administration the checkbox in the right column is active, and a user is modified in the runtime, and the runtime files are transported back to the editor PC and then imported into the editor, the changes in the runtime will not overwrite the editor project.

The process for you consists of a few steps.

- check the right column in the "rt changeable data" and make sure that the option for the user administration is not checked.
    - set the correct project active in the edtior
    - establish a remote transport connection
    - read back the runtime files
    -> the runtime files are transported back from the runtime PC to the editor PC (into the directory where the runtime files are compiled)
    - import the runtime files
    -> the runtime files are decompiled and read back into the editor from the local runtime directory. The output window shows what is being imported back into the editor.