Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Alarm Area Unacknowledged alarm status

Default Alarm Area Unacknowledged alarm status

Dear Mr. /Mrs.
    For alarm audio purposes we defined some Alarm Areas and two Alarm classes (Minor and Major Classes), i assign a internal varaible to unacknowledged alarm in class linking section, and by reaction matrix tools check the second bit is set or not and if set, the audio file format (WAV) is executed. i define 3000 varaibles and i set alarm ring buffer size to 5000. When start the runtime and check the value of unacknowledged alarm variables with variable diagnostics tools, the value of some varaibles are 7; means we have unacknowledged alarms, active alarms and acknowledged alarms, but in alarm page there is no unacknowledged alarm. What is the problem? I think the ring buffer size is very huge and overflow for ring alarms are not occured. Alarms not Unacknowledged variable is not zero but i have no alarm anymore in runtime. Thanks

Default Re: Alarm Area Unacknowledged alarm status

Quote Originally Posted by abdorrahman View Post
    Dear Mr. /Mrs.
    For alarm audio purposes we defined some Alarm Areas and two Alarm classes (Minor and Major Classes), i assign a internal varaible to unacknowledged alarm in class linking section, and by reaction matrix tools check the second bit is set or not and if set, the audio file format (WAV) is executed. i define 3000 varaibles and i set alarm ring buffer size to 5000. When start the runtime and check the value of unacknowledged alarm variables with variable diagnostics tools, the value of some varaibles are 7; means we have unacknowledged alarms, active alarms and acknowledged alarms, but in alarm page there is no unacknowledged alarm. What is the problem? I think the ring buffer size is very huge and overflow for ring alarms are not occured. Alarms not Unacknowledged variable is not zero but i have no alarm anymore in runtime. Thanks
    I found the problem. I define some flash elements in my project. When the project started, some elements start to flash. Now when i execute flashing acknowledge function, the flash elements are stopped but the unmber of unacknowledged alarm is not decrease (the value of it is not zero when acknowledged). I execute the flashing acknowledge function in alam screen but i see unacknowleged alarms in runtime. What is the problem?

acknowledge of blinking is not the acknowledge of the alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by ursulak View Post
    acknowledge of blinking is not the acknowledge of the alarm.
    Then, why we have some unacknowledge alarm in our systems when system is started. But in alarm screen i have no anymore unaknowledge alarms (the ring buffer is set to 5000)? The bit status of unacknowleged alarm is also one, and i cant handle audio function?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 16557220878898619920020821761876.jpg  
    Last edited by abdorrahman : 20th June 2022 at 11:54

Maybe you are displaying AML screen with some filter, e.g. time, and the not acknowledged alarms are outside the filter range, e.g. too far in the past or ... in the future. 
    What driver/communication protocol are you using, IEC 61850, IEC 60870, DNP3? The typical devices (IED) in energy are delivering values with time stamps from the device clock. If the device is not correctly time synchronized, then in zenon such variable value could have some future time stamp. 

Try to display without time filter.

Quote Originally Posted by ursulak View Post
    Maybe you are displaying AML screen with some filter, e.g. time, and the not acknowledged alarms are outside the filter range, e.g. too far in the past or ... in the future. 
    What driver/communication protocol are you using, IEC 61850, IEC 60870, DNP3? The typical devices (IED) in energy are delivering values with time stamps from the device clock. If the device is not correctly time synchronized, then in zenon such variable value could have some future time stamp. 

Try to display without time filter.
    Thanks. It is very helpfull and solved.