Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: multiple Commands in one context menu

Default multiple Commands in one context menu

I created 3 commands for each feeder, so I want to active them in one context menu when you right click on circuit breaker in runtime.
    The commands are as below and also include double and single command type:
    Open/close breaker, relay reset, AR on/off

I put only response tag of open/close command in its combi element.

is it possible to active multiple commands in one context menu?

thanks

Default Re: multiple Commands in one context menu

the context menu opens and when the ID_CMD_AUTO is used, all available commands should be displayed. However this is always linked to the response variable of the element. If this response variable has a command group (command interlocking) with only the double command, only these commands will be shown.

Hi, markclemens
    When the ID_CMD_AUTO is used then my double command works. Two items "Command ON" and "Command OFF" were added in context menu. But If I want to display commands dialog only and then choose needed command in this dialog. Do I have to use ID_CMD_DBEF_NONE munu Id? Is it valid? So strange in my menu list I have 4 items: ID_CMD_AUTO, ID_CMD_DBEF_ON, ID_CMD_DBEF_OFF and ID_CMD_EBEF_NONE. If I choose ID_CMD_EBEF_NONE then no any commnad menu item appears at all. And why ID_CMD_EBEF_NONE if I have a double command, not single.

I've attached th screen shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Menu ID.jpg  

Hi Andrey_K,

The options that are offered in the context menu action are a collection of all action types of all command groups.

Perhaps you have another command group in your project, that may not be used, but that contains a single command?

Best regards,
    Mark

Yes, you are right. I have another command group in my project that contains a single command.
    But If I want to display commands dialog only and then choose needed command in this dialog. Like just left mouse click happens. Can I do it somehow?

Hi Andrey_K,

OK, I think I understand what you would like. Basically using the context menu, open the command window, without pre-selecting a command. Right?

Do you have 2 stage command actions configured?

When you configure a "2 stage" command action, the first stage of the command where th command is selected, and in case of IEC870 also a select is sent, is actually selecting the command in the context menu.

The second stage would be confirming the command in the command dialog.

You can also open the command screen via a screen switch function, and call this function through a context menu. In this case the command screen would be opened at stage 1, where you select the command.

However you would have to create a separate context menu and function for every command variable in this case. Then at the element in the screen, link the correct context menu.

If you only have a few commands this method however may work for you

Best regards,
    Mark

I'm wondering why you prefer to activate command screen by two clicks: right-click for context menu and click on entry. Why not by one click on cobined-element used in symbol representing your circuit breaker?

The concept of context menu is made to chose in menu the aim command. Exactly for customers who want to avoid opening of large command screen. To call whole command screen the typical solution is to just click on element.

Quote Originally Posted by ursulap View Post
    I'm wondering why you prefer to activate command screen by two clicks: right-click for context menu and click on entry. Why not by one click on cobined-element used in symbol representing your circuit breaker?
    It uses to avoid accidental control. Customer wants to all control actions were realized from context menu only.
    BR, Andrey K.

Quote Originally Posted by markclemens View Post
    Basically using the context menu, open the command window, without pre-selecting a command. Right?
    You are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by markclemens View Post
    Do you have 2 stage command actions configured?
    Yes, I have 2 stage command actions.
    BR, Andrey K.