Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Trending

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    nurul Gast

Unglücklich Trending

Hi...

In our project we have 2 types of trend. 1-Online trending 2-Archive trending

Archive trending
    If we click on a specific date, no trend display will appear.

Online trending
    There are 2 scenario.
    1st scenario ~ When clicking trend button, only X and Y axis display. No graph appear.
    2nd scenario ~ When clicking trend button, the trending display not appear.Seems like no link to the picture.

For your information...
    1-Project is using zenOn 6.21 Sp1 B0
    2-Project is running on Touch Screen
    3-The project has been running at site for 2 years. The problem on trending only happen recently.

I do not no what to do instead of checking the size of archive ....then...what's next?

Default Re: Trending

Quote Originally Posted by nurul View Post

In our project we have 2 types of trend. 1-Online trending 2-Archive trending

Archive trending
    If we click on a specific date, no trend display will appear.
    Could you specify what you mean with "no trend display will appear"? Is the picture shown, but the trend shows no historical data from the archives?

If this is the case, does this happen with any date? (recent day, e.g. yesterday, as well as days further in the past)

Archives can be configured to be saved for a certain period of time, and after that they are deleted. It could be, that the data you want to show is no longer available due to your archive configuration.

If you are using the option "from backup path" please make sure, that the files are available.

If you are reading data from archives which are evacuated in a SQL database, please make sure that the connection to the SQL server is available.

Quote Originally Posted by nurul View Post
    Online trending
    There are 2 scenario.
    1st scenario ~ When clicking trend button, only X and Y axis display. No graph appear.
    2nd scenario ~ When clicking trend button, the trending display not appear.Seems like no link to the picture.

For your information...
    1-Project is using zenOn 6.21 Sp1 B0
    2-Project is running on Touch Screen
    3-The project has been running at site for 2 years. The problem on trending only happen recently.
    with the online trending, it could be that the ringbuffer for the online trend does not match the settings with which the trend is opened, or that the ringbuffer is not available. All this strongly depends on the filter settings at the screen switch function. Do you know if there have been any recent changes on the engineering side, due to which this is no longer working correctly?

nurul Gast

[QUOTE=markclemens;3580]Could you specify what you mean with "no trend display will appear"? Is the picture shown, but the trend shows no historical data from the archives?
    In trend, they can only see the X-Y axis, but no trends are shown

If this is the case, does this happen with any date? (recent day, e.g. yesterday, as well as days further in the past)
    [COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]yes it is[/COLOR]

Archives can be configured to be saved for a certain period of time, and after that they are deleted. It could be, that the data you want to show is no longer available due to your archive configuration.

If you are using the option "from backup path" please make sure, that the files are available.

If you are reading data from archives which are evacuated in a SQL database, please make sure that the connection to the SQL server is available.

[COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]I have asked the client to open up archives folder. They can only find .cel and .aml and also .HDD files. None of the .arx found in the folder. What do you think is wrong? I guees that's why the trending cannot be displayed. But how can it happened? [/COLOR]

If archive data is evacuated in a SQL database, e.g. immediately after the archive is closed, there would be no ARX files.

I would check the archive evacuation and the setting for the "storage time".

Also I would check if the archives are running. If they are started and stopped by functions, perhaps there currently is no active archive. (use the function "Archive: list of active archives" in the runtime to show the active archives)

nurul Gast

Hi Mark..

Thanks for your reply. In the archive setting, I have configured the save cycle to be as follow :-

1- Archive Saving Format -> Internal database(*.arx)
    2- Archiving scanning cycle ->1hours
    3- Archive Evacuation -> Storage time 1 year and 'do not evacuate' for Evacuation after stora ge time.
    4- Diagram type ->option 'from backup path' is unchecked

If the archives running, it should be save into the Archives file, right? but stil we can only see the .asl and .cel file only.

I have attach here snapshot on the archive folder and the snapshot on the trend....Please see the attachment. Tq

Click image for larger version

Name:	list 2nd.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	384

Click image for larger version

Name:	T-TSCU1.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	385

Nurul, one thing which you may want to check, is if the historian (or archiving) module is licensed on the PC with the runtime.

If this is not the case, there will be no archives.

If the runtime PC does have the Archive Server (or historian) license, I guess in this case it is better to send this issue to your zenon technical support, in order for a support ticket to be generated.